I wrote a discussion post on English Wedding Blog recently about wedding inspiration shoots: the ones I love are either creative and challenging, or offer real ideas which couples can actually use in planning their wedding. Of course – they should look damn good too. So here’s one I think you might find really inspiring – all centred around a vintage feather fan… gorgeous. Thanks to the lovely Fabienne from Elian Concept Weddings for sharing!
Vintage bridal inspiration shoot: feathers and pearls
An inspirational wedding idea: vintage feathers
This photoshoot was inspired by the beautiful vintage ostrich feather fan with mother of pearl sticks, discovered in ‘All About Eve At Home’ shop, a delightful place full of vintage pieces and jewellery, as well as a enchanting selection of items for the home, which owner Melanie sources mainly in France’s antique fairs and markets.
The idea to use a fan instead of a ‘bouquet’ came from a bride who purchased one of Melanie’s ostrich feather fans for her own wedding.
It immediately struck me that the ideal dress to accompany this awesome accessory would be one of talented designer Joanne Flemming along with a profusion of vintage pearl jewellery, a headpiece specially created for the shoot by Lorna Green Tiaras and mother of pearl embellished shoes by Freya Rose.
Vintage Hollywood glamour wedding ideas
Anne Veck ‘s immense talent for dramatic hairstyles transformed Tiffany into a Hollywood star and the 1930’s style Jaguar Royal made a perfect match with her glamourous look.
Hellebore flowers arranged by Wild Lily Flowers in pearl vases and delicate glass jar add a subtle sophistication to the scene set in the library at Poundon House, and adorn Rosalind Miller’s refined cupcakes.
The alluring Diamant champagne bottle and the antique crystal glasses give an exclusive touch to the story, ready for the couple to celebrate in pure VIP style, before they leave for a romantic destination as suggested by Charlie Loves Lucy’s ‘travel’ theme stationery.
- Photography: Liz Benjamin Photography
- Planning, design and styling: Elian Concept Weddings & Events
- Florist: Wild Lily Flowers
- Hairdresser: Anne Veck Hair
- Make up artist: Charlotte Cromer
- Venue: Poundon House
- Cake: Rosalind Miller cakes
- Dress, coat & wrap: Joanne Fleming Design
- Hair accessories: Lorna Green Tiaras
- Shoes: Freya Rose
- Stationery: Charlie loves Lucy
- Room decorations, vintage jewellery & accessories: All about Eve at home and stylist’s own
- Vintage car: Banbury Wedding Cars
- Champagne: Vranken Diamant
- Models: Tiffany Saunders and Andreas Anderson