Wedding blog search results – seriously?

I’ve stolen the idea for this blog post from lamarieeencolere.com. Nathalie had a look at the oddest queries Google was sending to her French wedding blog, with some funny results. I thought I’d do the same…

This is what some of you have been searching for, and landed on English Wedding Blog

• wrapped in bedsheets romantic – I don’t imagine this searcher was looking for my blog. I suppose it can be, but it’s not something I’ve seen on a wedding submission recently – have you?
  • worst wedding photography images – Thanks. Charming. But you won’t find them here! I’ll be having words with Google.
  • will the ocean wreck my wedding dress? – Not unless you go in it. If you go in it wearing your wedding dress then yes, it will. Credit where credit’s due though: at least you checked first.
  • who uses wedding magazines? – I know! Soooooo old fashioned. Blogs are where it’s at, right?
  • when and where are welsh weddings celebrated? – Let. me. think. Wales?
  • what’s the point of a wedding? – I don’t think you should be here.
  • what did justin dean hampton write about my friends? – I never got that letter, I promise! How on earth did you end up on English Wedding blog with that query? And you clicked! Google brings up search results and you, the searcher, should be able to tell which are relevant. You saw English Wedding blog in your results and this is where you thought you’d find his treacherous tattle?

This is just a little wedding blog fun while I prepare my new book for a big launch, starting next week. Here at English Wedding Towers* I’m making some video blogs for wedding business types – bit of advice, me giggling and stuff. Wish me luck!

*phrase stolen from Tiararama – still tickles me. Towers. 😀

• Bernadette Chapman

This made me giggle, I’m always amazed at what brings my website up on google. Sometimes I’ll be searching for images and invariably Dream Occasions comes up via some odd search terms. So I popped onto my analytic site today to see what the latest ‘odd’ search terms were (i.e ignoring those searching for me or elements to do with planning a wedding).

White Converse Heels – one of my brides in 2010 wore some!
    Church seating for divorced Father of Groom – well I do like to think my blog is informative!
    White Wellies Wedding — can’t imagine why someone was searching for this cough ahem ok maybe in this weather!
    Dream of Marriage Proposal – well give me a call and I’ll come up with the ideas 🙂
    I have for sale my used lucy marshall bridal gloves – err ok, that’s nice
    Caravan interior design – huh?
    1960’s caravan – I’m more a canvas girl 🙂

Giggling right back atcha there Bernadette! They’re so specific, aren’t they?!! The gloves one… must have been typed into search by accident, surely. She must have had another window open – but then again, why click through to your site?! Love it 🙂

• Alison Hudspeth

Love this! Some of ours are “metal table plan”, “do wedding photographers speak to the vicar”, “happy family walking”, “ideas to decor a zumba studio”, “mark longhirst jailed”, “room fountain”, “sunderland beauty salons” and my favourite “wedding photografers north east” 😀

Alison

So, Alison:

Do wedding photografers speak to the vicar? Or is there usually some kind of stand off?!

Chuckling away here now 😀

PS Congratulations on being nominated for the Wedding Industry Awards!

• Belinda McCarthy

Haha, I laughed out loud at this!

My most recent weird Google search term was ‘Belinda McCarthy, Death Row.’ I’m worried now.

Wow, Belinda! I wish I had that one… but it would freak me out a little! Tell me you googled for more info on the other, darker Belinda McCarthy?!
      C xx

• Lesley Pattinson

Oh how funny, I love this pass time it can be so funny and bewildering to see the serch terms that land on your site.

My werdiest this week was “beautiful teeth at wedding” not quite sure how that relates to wedding photography or what on earth I have written within my site to be a result for that serch term!

Thanks for making me laugh this morning Claire, great start to the day!

• Gary

Excellent stuff. Makes me want to head straight off to our analytics archives to do the same……

• Wendy Bell

This has just had me in stitches…particularly “when and where are welsh wed­dings cel­e­brated? — Let. me. think. Wales?” Excellent, I love sarcasm!!! 🙂

• Zoe

This is such fun! Off to look at mie now!

• Jon S6

I always chuckle at mine! Some very strange hits