It seems like years since we were all saying, “there’s an app for that”! When apps were invented, and our iPhones were all brand spangly new, apps were everywhere. English Wedding Blog was on an app which collated wedding blogs, for example. Now wedding apps are smarter, sleeker and better for couples. They’re full of information, image galleries for ideas, and offer a means to contact your favourite wedding suppliers instantly for appointments and consultations.
One of my most top favourite (seriously, I love him!) wedding flower designers has just launched an app. Mat Hepplestone of Red Floral has caught the attention and imaginations of celebrity couples, OK magazine and dazzled crowds at wedding shows with his architectural creative flower design. Did you see his feature on Rock n Roll Bride last week? He’s a leading light in wedding floristry and with an app to share with his couples, Mat is once again setting a trend for the rest of us to follow!
Download the Red Floral app here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id511463552
and let me know what you think! It’s free, there are some gorgeous galleries there to enjoy, and if you fall in love with his work as I have, perhaps you’ll send me a pic or two of Red Floral designs at your own wedding?!
About the Red Floral App for brides and grooms
An app is a far more interactive experience for the bride than visiting the usual websites. It is accessible from their phone wherever they are and it does include a link through to the website besides lots of other exciting features.
1. Request an appointment – rather than wait till you get near a pc to then locate the website and find the contact numbers…open your app, select “request an appointment” tab and send directly to the company there and then….done.
2. A comprehensive questionnaire – this actually covers most of the basics for you to be thinking about in planning for the ceremony AND reception, you could use this as a prompt/ planning tool and if using red floral for your floral artistry, can send it there and then directly to the company so they can go through the detail prior to your appointment. Your appointment is therefore well time managed and the majority of it can be spent on the creative look of your wedding than wasting time wading through the basic information.
3. Moodboard creation – there is a tab within the app that offers you the facility to create your own wedding moodboard. It is linked to Pinterest so there is already a wealth of fabulously inspirational images on there as well as Red Floral’s boards that you can select images from. Again, this is fun to do and if something catches your eye while you’re out and about you can photograph it in the app and add it to your moodboard there and then !…again, this can be sent directly from your app to the company in preparation for your appointment.
4. A bridal planner that gives you a countdown of things to do and by when – on your phone….constant access
5. By having the app on their phones they will be given the opportunity to accept PUSH notifications from the company. These could be regarding appointment times that have become available, upcoming events, special offers etc. App users will receive these instantly , so faster than anyone just logging onto the website.
6. Send an email to the company, give your feedback, access all the company’s social media – Twitter, Facebook and YouTube as well as their website all directly from your phone anytime, anywhere instantly accessible from the palm of your hand.
Do your wedding suppliers have apps? I’d love to see, if they do!
The Red Floral app was designed and created by Tracy St Clair and Kelliejo Swanston of Smartly Applied.