Hello! I have another video blog for wedding suppliers today: how (and why) to get featured on a wedding blog. Once again, ‘scuse the face – but I hope you find the advice really useful. Enjoy the movie – there’s a quick recap in words below the clip for you to cut out and keep as well.
As a wedding stationer, jewellery or cake designer you might not have considered submitting your designs to be featured on wedding blogs. This short video explains the benefits of sponsored blog features, and looks at the differences between wedding blog advertising and the printed wedding magazines.
Getting featured on wedding blogs: why and how you can do it!
- Readership. Wedding blogs are big these days – far bigger than the magazines. Spend twenty minutes collecting as many media packs for blogs and wedding magazines as you can, and then compare the stats!
- Visibility. If you’re a wedding stationery, jewellery or cake designer you won’t get near the front of a traditional print wedding magazine. With a sponsored blog post, you get our front page all for yourself and your products.
- Images. What do you get in a wedding magazine? An eighth of an editorial page with a small photo of one of your designs? Featuring on a blog gives you an opportunity to share large images, and lots of them, with potential customers.
- Long term search potential. A well-written blog feature will bring visitors to your website for months – there’ll be an initial spike in your website traffic on the day your feature is published, and then Google will pick it up, continuing with a smaller but steady flow of visitors to your site. It’s really important to choose your keywords carefully so this works.
- Instant calls to action. It’s all in a click: a bride or groom reading a wedding magazine might decide to look at your website later. They could forget, or find an alternative instead. With a blog, you can offer a one-day discount or free samples for the first 10 enquiries – it’s a great way to get a conversation going with potential customers.
My new book How to Blog your Wedding Business is now available to buy!
- Proper book book (in print) How to Blog your Wedding Business on Amazon.com (paperiest)
- Kindle edition on Amazon.co.uk How to Blog your Wedding Business (cheapest)
- eBook pdf right here on English Wedding Blog How to Blog your Wedding Business (nearest)
I’ve written the book for wedding business owners who are new to blogging, to give plenty of helpful advice on getting set up and creating a really successful blog. There are pages of ideas for blog posts, tips on how to optimise every aspect of your blog and ideas for marketing and promoting your wedding business blog.
More Wedding Business Ideas
If you’re starting out in the wedding industry you might also like to take a peek at Wedding Business Ideas — plenty of free ideas and resources covering wedding business plans, advertising, everything from pricing to Pinterest and more!