This is my very first video blog for English Wedding. I wanted to share something new, so instead of my typey fingers, today you get my face talking. The video itself explains what this is all about, and there’s a summary for you underneath. Scuse the face 😉
Speaking confidently about your wedding designs, whether you make invitations,jewellery or anything else, isn’t always easy. This video blog explains why it’s important to promote your wedding business with confidence. I also share tips to help you gain the confidence to take that pride in your products and share your enthusiasm with potential customers.
Your wedding business, confidence and self-promotion
It’s very important to promote your wedding business in a confident way, and there are three reasons to do this:
- Confidence inspires confidence: speaking with passion and enthusiasm about your designs will inspire your potential customers
- Competition: there are so many wedding businesses around, promoting yours with confidence will help you stand out from the crowd
- This is your responsibility: as a wedding business owner and designer you know your work inside out and backwards – you should be proud of what you do – so share it!
How to promote your wedding business with confidence
Telling the world how great your designs are doesn’t come naturally to everyone. So if you’re not confident in ‘bigging up’ your work, here are three tips which might help you:
- Remember you’re not promoting yourself; you’re promoting your stuff (it’s easier to say “I’m proud of this wedding invitation I made”, than to say “I’m a brilliant designer”)
- Put your wedding business head on. You have to make a profit; you’re the owner of a successful wedding business – part of any business is promotion. Get out there and just do it!
- Find the medium that’s easiest for you. If you’re not a confident speaker (see above!) then try writing about your work in a wedding business blog. If written words don’t come easy, try a wedding fair – you might discover a flair when speaking to brides and grooms. Networking might be more your thing: tweet-ups, launch events, PR evenings… give them a go!
I have to say thank you to the very lovely Alex Beadon for encouraging me to give video blogging a go. Thanks Alex! (Watch her video blogs if you haven’t already.)
About my wedding business video blogs
My new book How to Blog your Wedding Business is now available to buy!
- Proper book book (in print) How to Blog your Wedding Business on Amazon.com (paperiest)
- Kindle edition on Amazon.co.uk How to Blog your Wedding Business (cheapest)
- eBook pdf right here on English Wedding Blog How to Blog your Wedding Business (nearest)
More Wedding Business Ideas
If you’re starting out in the wedding industry you might also like to take a peek at Wedding Business Ideas – plenty of free ideas and resources covering wedding business plans, advertising, everything from pricing to Pinterest and more!