Get your pink-sunglasses out, quick! Because we’re still in the land of marshmallowy, fluffy, girly, princessy wonderful pink. Today’s wedding blog is an inspiration board – I saved some of my favourite bits from yesterday’s pink wedding inspiration shoot for you and made a wedding inspiration board for all the girly girls out there. And just for today, I’m one of ’em. Join me?
Click on the image to see it a little bigger and read all the supplier details without squinting!
Sweet as candy – wedding inspiration & ideas
- Feature pieces like pink chandeliers or candelabras draped in pink beads make all the difference – either go for sophisticated pink, or splash out and play with it to great effect! You don’t need to go to town, just pick out key touches and go for quality over and above quantity
- Ask the little girl inside you what goes with pink and she’ll tell you: sparkle, diamonds, crystals and glitter. So add a little twinkle here and there with clear beads, silver and shine
- Paper windmills are a cheap and cheerful accessory you can add to your table decorations – pink scrapbook papers are readily available (try Hobbycraft) and all you need is a straw and one of those funny pins to stick in the middle – hours of fun for you and your guests!
- (Why not put bubbles out to go with the windmills? Bubbles floating around would go so well with pink, girly, candy sweet styling!)
- If you can bake cupcakes, then make them playful: add eclectic pink decorations with modelling sugar and use white, pink polka dot or fancy filigree cupcake cases – display them on pink, silver or glass plates and tiered cupcake holders for effect
- Pink wedding invitations are easy to find online – every designer will have a pink number in their pocket just waiting for the princess bride in you to discover!
- The pink piped meringues look too good to eat don’t they! Even I can make meringues, and these look like great fun to make and display
- Brighten up your bunting with a few extra colours, or find fabric with a vintage inspired pink print – it all fits so well with the sweet as candy party vibe!
Wedding Supplier Information
- Bridal shoot photography by Cristina Rossi
- Assistant Photographer Kat Hill www.kat-hill.com
- Venue Tea Party owned by Samantha Check www.teaparty.uk.com
- Hair and make up by Julia Plant www.modelmayhem.com/2148850
- Cake and cupcakes by Iwona Zero of MK Cakes www.mkcakes.co.uk
- Pink Meringues from Bakery County Hall bb-bakerycountyhall.com
- Wedding Stationery by Kate Ruth Romey www.kateruthromey.co.uk
- Flowers by Sally Zachariou of Sabella Floral Design www.sabella-floral-design.co.uk
- Model Victoria Peachey www.modelmayhem.com/1770319