Lots of things have been happening! I can’t believe we’re down to double figures with the days to go!
My friends have been planning my very secret hen do. All I know is where we’re going, what time I need to be there and that at some point we will be eating! I love surprises but I’m so curious about what we’ll be doing! I really want to be sneaky and find out but in all honesty I do love surprises.
I’ve also been making small wedding purchases. I have some new crystals for the tables that better suit our colour scheme, and I bought some extra clear crystals because I wasn’t sure if one bag would be enough for 10 tables, plus the top table.
I’ve also bought a ring box for us to keep our wedding rings in. I use the box my engagement ring was in to keep it nice so I thought we could keep our wedding rings in a box.
I’ve also bought some little books for the children to do so they don’t get bored at the wedding breakfast, and some cheap pencil crayons to go with them. They haven’t been delivered yet, but I can post up some pics when they arrive!
We have our first marriage preparation classes at the church tomorrow, I’m sorting out my passport in my married name and our dance lessons are going well. We will be gliding around the dance floor on our wedding night!
I’ve looked at the questionnaire the cake topper lady sent me, so that our cake topper will look just like us. I can’t wait to see what that will look like! I’m sending off some photos because she makes the cake topper look exactly like the the bride and groom. I would definitely recommend a look!
Things are starting to fall into place! I am wondering when I need to be measured for my wedding dress. I’ve arranged for my bridesmaids to be measured, and the groomsmen will need to be measured 4 weeks before the wedding, but I’m not sure about when I need to go. My dress will need to be altered.
Still to do:
- Sort out the information for the orders of service
- Go to five wedding preparation classes
- Continue dance classes
- Confirm menu choices for the wedding breakfast
- Discuss the evening buffet and canapés, welcome drinks and drinks for the wedding breakfast
- Confirm details with the florist, bus, classic cars
- Confirms times
- Engagement shoot with our photographer and confirming what photos we really want
- Arrange for the gents to be measured for their suits
- Sort all the table decorations, place names and favours into tables and put in boxes ready
- Make the photo booth