I recently wrote a check list post on my own blog and have scared myself! I was looking at the things that need to be done, and what I’ve actually achieved, and there’s more on the To Do List than on the Done List.
We have set a date, booked the church and the reception venue (after visiting 16 different venues!), I bought the wedding favours quite early on as they were in the sale on Confetti, and the cake topper was one of the first things I bought!
We have wedding insurance and booked a bus, ordered invitations and orders of service, reserved the suits, booked the DJ, cars, chair covers. We have table crystals and my wedding dress. I booked the hair dresser and made the labels for the tables where people sit.
The bridesmaid dresses are ordered, mum has her outfit, we’ve paid for our honeymoon! (Exciting!)
Are you ready for the To Do List?
- Bridesmaids dress fitting
- My dress fitting
- The men’s fittings
- Buying gifts for everyone who needs them
- Table plan
- Buy a tiara
- Confirming numbers and meals with the reception venue
- Sorting out hymns and readings, and sending them off to the stationary lady (thinking of having All Things Bright and Beautiful but putting in the lyrics to All Things Dull and Ugly)
- Sorting out a florist!
- Filling the favours with sweets (mini eggs as it’ll be Easter)
- Confirming with all the suppliers that we all have the same information
- Writing the photographers ‘must have’ shots
- Engagement wedding shoot
- Make-up trial
- Have the church flowers talk
- Let the DJ know what songs we want
- Dance lessons
- Confirm the cake topper details (Artlocke Designs)
- Get my passport sorted out in my married name