Here’s hoping I can pass some of these smiley vibes to you! How? With a bit of wedding inspiration for you…
Yesterday on the English Wedding blog I featured Lisa and Dean’s fab alternative wedding, which Photo Shmoto‘s Laura submitted to me a couple of weeks ago. I loved the style of their day and thought you’d love a separate feature, a ‘get the look’ blog post with those lovely electric and pastel blues and lots of yummy vintage details.
Get the look! Lisa and Dean’s electric blue vintage inspired wedding tips
- Match your vibrant personality with a bold look: smoky eyes, red lippy and vintage jewellery – don’t be shy!
- Choose vintage wedding invitations to suit your personality and wedding theme – read my list of the best 20 vintage wedding invitations
- Grooms can dress up too – accessorise your sharp suit with plastic sunglasses and a big grin
- Today is your day to sparkle – so find a dress with as glittering a personality as your own
- Lisa carried mixed blue hydrangeas, white roses, grape hyacinths and electric blue ribbons for a fabulous bouquet
- Bridesmaids wore electric blue dresses in different styles, and all chose their own distinctive vintage inspired accessories
- Make your old, new, borrowed and blue really memorable: Lisa’s pale blue purse is stunning!
- Find vintage china and use it wisely – Lisa and Dean chose a blue cake stand and used china for candles (I love that photo!)
- Candy bars are a very personal thing – instead of finding pretty blue sweeties Lisa and Dean chose their favourites!
- Instead of spending a fortune on a wedding cake, offer a fun cake alternative like French Fancies! Guests will love the nostalgia (and any kids will be whizzing around the dance floor all night on these!)
There’s more to see on Photo Shmoto’s facebook gallery from Lisa and Dean’s wedding – do pop over and hit that Like button if you have a sec!