The Wedding Video

Days Married: 52

Time really does fly doesn’t it! I know I haven’t been around much but I’m still here lurking about – and today I bring you our wedding video, expertly crafted by Jeff Wood who is an absolute legend of ours. Seriously, if you want a classy, personal and unique wedding video – you want Jeff and his team. Words cannot express how thrilled we are with our video – and I think one of the most special things about it is that he recorded the jazz trio that were playing during the wedding breakfast and used that music as the basis for the soundtrack. He really took the time to know us and what our wedding was about and was able to incorporate everything (and more) into a gorgeous production.

I won’t say anything else because it really does speak for itself. Just enjoy! ­čÖé

p.s. Wedding photos and honeymoon photos to come very soon! We spent some time with our photographer Phil this morning choosing the album style and layout – and we’ll have the disc of images in the next couple of weeks – so I can finally put you out of your misery and share some wonderful photos of the day with you!

• Clare S

This is really beautiful and brought a tear to my eye! You both look incredibly happy. Congratulations!

• Salma

Thank you Clare! I still can’t believe that’s us and it all happened! This movie will certainly be a really treasured possession in years to come! x

Thank you for sharing this on the blog, Salma. Wow – I only cried twice! Such a great video, some beautiful moments in there and all wrapped up in your friends’ music. You two are great together. Your parents are brilliant – I was giggling along with your dad, he’s ace! What a glorious day you had, I love all the tears it really brings home what marriage is all about – just as you said when you signed up to be a Star Bride all those months ago.

On another note, it’s wonderful to see Peckforton Castle in all its glory, and I should say something about the Castle here. Having seen the reaction to the fire from friends and via Peckforton’s twitter feed and facebook updates I applaud their positivity in coping with the tragic events of recent weeks.

Peckforton Castle is a truly beautiful wedding venue with dedicated and clearly devoted staff, committed to making Peckforton an outstanding place to get married. If you haven’t booked your wedding venue yet, I have only two words: support Peckforton.

• Salma

My Dad is AMAZING isn’t he?! I don’t know what I’d do without him – it was actually his idea to book a videographer – I was dead set against it at the start if you remember because I couldn’t find any non-cheesy wedding films out there! I can’t really convey how pleased and in awe I am at this video. And again I still can’t believe it’s mine! And I can’t believe it’s making people cry!! *blush*

And yes, about the fire at the castle. I keep imagining what would have happened if our wedding had been booked a few weeks later! I’m sure we would have coped – but I applaud those who are having to go through the commotion of moving things around at very short notice! Not an easy thing to cope with I’m sure!

I’m worried I’m going to watch this movie too much and get bored of it! But it brings back so many memories – and plus watching it means I kind of get to relive the day again – which I am so yearning to do! Oh if only it were possible! x

• Cloggins

Oh Salma! I am having a little weep for you!

Great film, lovely venue, stunning bride, beautiful day…perfect love story. x

• Salma