The Telegraph and Daily Mail are today reporting on an email sent from a mother in law to her son’s bride. It’s not a nice story but one that gets me thinking and I’d love to hear your opinions on this one!
Allegedly the mother in law emailed her son’s fiancée with a list of complaints about her behaviour saying:
- she lacked good manners
- she should attend finishing school
- she’d be a great candidate for Ladette to Lady
- she didn’t try hard enough to fit in with the family
- hiring a castle for the wedding was ‘brash, celebrity style behaviour’
- her parents should have saved more for their daughter’s wedding
The girl was shocked to receive the email and forwarded it to a couple of friends… and so the story began – it’s now being shared all over the world!
So let me know what you think – who’s right here? Are you with the bride or does the mother in law have a point?
If you were in their shoes, what would you do now?