Blackboard Signs

Just a short post about something I forgot to blog about earlier: my blackboard signs. These are so easy and cheap to make, but are such a nice touch and keepsake, or even to give away as a thank-you gift after the day.

Blackboard painting! (Probably not the best idea on the dining room table..)

The idea originated from my Dad (who owns a printing business), when he said “Oh I’ll do a sign for the bottom of the drive to show guests where the house is” as, basically, we live in the middle of nowhere. I thought it would be a nice touch to have a big gilt framed blackboard saying something along the lines of “Dav & Sal’s Wedding” or “Wedding This Way!”, and handily I had a spare gilt mirror lying around the house since we moved.

Like most of the wedding paraphernalia (vases I’m thinking of you), I got a little carried away. I ended up making smaller blackboards for the cake table (to say ‘Let them eat cake’), the guestbook, parking, the toilets, etc. They’re so cute though, and we’ll be using them for our couples shoot idea which I’ll be blogging about soon.

So there you are, just a short one, but such a simple and effective idea. Give it a go!

Sally xx

• Christie

What a FABULOUS idea! I love it! Going to have to try to make some myself.

I agree with Christie these look great (you’re so industrious!) – I’ve been considering writing a little stash of white-on-black calligraphy signs for my other blog, great minds think alike!

Excited about the couples shoot…. hope plans are coming along beautifully 🙂

xx

• sally

Ah glad you like it 🙂 they took no time at all! I also forgot to mention that i found the blackboard paint for around £3 from a craft shop, and you can buy white chalk marker pens which make a much neater result than chalk itself 🙂

And the engagement shoot story is bittersweet (happily ending with booking the fab matt ethan), and we’re booked in for the 2nd july so stay tuned! Exciting! I’m getting married in about 6 weeks!! Xx

• Lynette (Blinc Pics)

Excellent, I’ve done this for our wedding next week, got a little carried away, I could made signs for everything

• amy f

Ooooh I love this idea!

• Matt Tordoff

What a brilliant and simple idea. It looks pefect, love the fact they are all mis-matched frames.