Making your wedding tables look special is easy when you know how! Here are seven top tips from one of the experts.
Ann-Marie from Natural Design has written this guest post to show you how to decorate wedding tables with a flair to impress your guests!
- Decide on a theme – this could be a colour, a flower, a season or a style such as vintage. Different colours look good for different seasons – for winter weddings gold, silver and deep reds work well and for summer bright and pastel colours.
- Think about what colour the table linen will be – white or cream is very classic, soft green gives a natural country feel and brighter coloured linens offset an exotic look.
- Order samples of your favourite decorations and favours and try them out before committing to a larger order. You could even do a ‘mock up’ table.
- Have a focal point in the centre of the table – a floral or candle decoration and try to make sure it doesn’t block off everyone’s view of each other! If possible include flowers with lovely smells like sweet peas, lavender or roses.
- Try not to over clutter tables – often the simplest designs work most effectively. Favours, decorations and name cards can be combined – see Natural Designs’ lavender sprigs or paper roses with name tags.
- A scattering of petals or confetti adds a celebratory feel to tables.
- If you’re not going to be decorating the tables yourself write a detailed brief for the person who is, you could even prepare a bag for each table.
Natural Design has a stunning collection of wedding favours, decorations and ‘make your own’ items – everything you need for beautifully decorated tables.
This is a sponsored English Wedding blog post. (Click the link to see what this means.)