Here’s a quickie to brighten up any eco-warrior-bride’s Sunday afternoon! Is your wedding helping to save the world? Here’s a quick check – Top Green Wedding Tips from Without A Hitch!
We also want to help brides and grooms discover that it doesn’t have to cost the Earth, small things can make a big difference so check out our top five tips for making your big day more eco friendly – and you never know you might even save some money in the process……
Top Green Wedding Tips
- Use in season flowers for your decorations or alternatives such as fruit, herbs or sweets that can be used and eaten after the wedding.
- Have your ceremony and reception as close as possible to cut down on travel between locations, if it is unavoidable encourage car sharing or hire a coach/vintage vehicle so everyone can travel together.
- Wear a nearly new or once worn wedding gown. If you want vintage even better, pick up an authentic dress rather than a newly made imitation.
- Take a look at eco friendly wedding invitations and consider a wedding website to cut down on the amount of information inserts you need to issue to your guests.
- Charity gifts – if you already have a home set up consider setting up a gift-giving list so people can donate to a charity in your name.
With thanks to Victoria from Without A Hitch for the advice.
Are you having a green wedding? Tell us how you’re being all eco on your big day too!
Green heart photo credit Chris Hanley Photography