No. 17: My Hen Party Shoot

Days to go: 9

The Pimms helped me pose!

I loved our engagement shoot – so much so that I decided to have an ‘official photographer’ – Rebecca Parsons (who is a friend of a bridesmaid) – for the first part of my hen do to give me some much-cherished beautiful memories of my last big celebration as a ‘single’ girl. I’m so pleased I made this decision – and soon I’m going to adorn my office with some carefully chosen photos of me to remind me of how FAB I felt in my 50s style dress that I got from Dollydagger! I’m also wearing my name necklace from Tatty Devine – and I gave each of my bridesmaids one of their own in their favourite colour!

Enjoy! Oh, and that pink headband thing says ‘Bride to Be’ and was compulsory headwear for most of the night!

Check out the camera magic on those legs!

My reaction to 'You're getting married in two weeks!'

I'm just loving the camera!

No party is complete without bubbles!

Love the soft focus!

BUBBLES!

Poooossseeeee!

Have a photoshoot on your hen do. Go on you know you want to!

LOVE that dress, Salma. You look fab! Dollydagger is pretty cool – just checking out their site now 🙂

• Salma

Thanks Claire! I had so much fun! Everyone should have a hen party shoot!

• Ellie

Such fantastic and fun photos by the wonderful Rebecca Parsons 🙂

• bijouxbride

The perfect way to celebrate your last few days as a single girl! Happy, fun and full of life!

Until I saw the one picture of you and your friends I thought you’d enjoyed your hen do alone! Its a nice idea but maybe would be better if you’d included your hens a bit more? The camera clearly loves you!

• Jill

Your dress is so adorable. Love the ’50s vibe you’re channeling! 🙂

• Salma

Oh don’t worry Claire I included my friends in the photoshoot – I just wanted to make this post all about me! And plus it’s nice to keep some photos just for me – and some friends won’t appreciate being plastered all over the Internet either! 🙂

• Lydia

Lovely idea, I was so interested to see how it would turn out!
    Like Claire, I was slightly concerned you had left your hens at a bar somewhere or excluded them for perhaps not being as camera-friendly as you! It would be such a shame – my most treasured photos (along with my wedding photos of course!) are of me and my friends on my hen weekend.
    Well, I’m really glad that’s not the case and so considerate of you too! Enjoy those more personal photos and the happy memories they’ll no doubt bring you.
    Also – Fabulous Photographer 🙂