Wedding Magazine Advertising – when you know it won’t work

A quick post simply to share my smile with you this morning.

I just had a call from a local free Wedding Magazine. The girl who called sounded a little bored, but read her script nicely, explained that the magazine was looking for people who do wedding stationery to advertise in the magazine and they’d “come to me first”… hee, really?

I explained that I don’t do wedding stationery, I only provide a calligraphy service.

Cue a little pause and more interest from the telesales girl: “Ooh, is that where you do the dancing, like the first dance and stuff?”

I’m afraid I said yes. But not to the advertising.

• Diana Evans

Thank you for the laugh!
    My best advertising non-event was when I took a small ad in a local magazine with a wedding supplement, but I was listed in the Gardening section 🙂

• Amma // Beyond Beyond

Hilarious *bawling my eyes out*

• Viv

So glad I wasn’t mid-drinkig my cup of tea…. my laptop might not be working for me to reply! That is very funny! 🙂

• Steve

And there was me thinking I was the only one that loved winding up people on the phone! :o) Thanks for the smile Claire!

• Bernadette

ha ha very amusing 🙂

• Kate

Bless that is hiliarious

• sally

I get these telesales calls all the time! One I had today went “hi there, is that Sally Thurrell Photography?”… “Yes, hi, can I help?”… “are you the owner of the business”… “Can I just ask, is this telesales?” … And then he just hung up on me! I’ve had them all, including scams for advertising in magazines that don’t even exist!

• Victoria

haha brilliant!! I get calls like this all the time too, especially when I’m running google adwords, which makes me hate them before they even speak because I know they’ve probably already cost me a pound!

• Izzy Hudgins

Bahahahahahahahaha!

• Haha!! that’s rather worrying >.<

• Haha That is very funny. Some people are great.

I do love sales talk to it always makes me laugh.