Being a Timeless Bride on your wedding day

Choose a wedding dress that will last forever

Choose a wedding dress that will last forever

How to be a timeless bride – choosing the right dress

How do you choose a wedding dress that looks amazing on you and that will stand the test of time? How do you know that you’ll look back through your wedding album in twenty or forty years and fall in love with your wedding dress all over again?

Look for a dress that loves you as much as you love it!

Look for a dress that loves you as much as you love it!

I had a lovely chat with Michelle Hinds from Cheshire’s Timeless Bride a few weeks ago. Michelle has built her business around the concept of loving your wedding dress for more than just the big day and she shared her expertise to help you find the perfect, timeless, wedding dress.

Top tips for finding a wedding dress you’ll love forever

Inside Timeless Bride, Cheshire wedding dress shop

Inside Timeless Bride, Cheshire wedding dress shop

• Getting that timeless look is about going with your personality, finding a dress that suits you, and notnecessarily following the most current fashions
  • It’s about finding a dress that looks beautiful on you and won’t date – because it’s all about you in the dress, not just the dress itself

Timeless Bride - a magical bridal experience

• It’s about your grandchildren seeing your wedding photos and loving
    the beauty in them – imagine your wedding album in years to come. If you have a granddaughter, she’ll love your dress as much as you do!
  • Michelle from Timeless Bride recommends choosing the shape of wedding
    dress that flatters you, and only then thinking about the details: crystals and beading, sashes and belts, folds and pleats in the fabric

Choose a dress shape that's right for you, then look at the details

• Choose a wedding dress that fits your wedding venue: what works for a bijou venue like Cheshire’s Belle Epoque won’t for Salford Cathedral
  • Finding a dress you fall in love with will give you confidence and poise; if you feel amazing you will look stunning
  • Enjoying the experience of choosing your dress will make all the
    difference: find a bridal store where you feel at home, with friendly and welcoming staff who will listen to you and offer advice in a nice way.

Naturally I recommend Timeless Bride as one of these bridal shops! Michelle is there to welcome you and help with your wedding dress search so if you’re in the north west she should be top of your list. With dresses from £600 you won’t break the bank either – and the fabulous experience at Timeless Bride is all part of the service.

Thanks to Michelle for these great tips. I hope you find them useful!

Thanks to Chris Hanley for the gorgeous photographs (and to Claire Hanley for making an appearance above!) Chris Hanley Photography is a recommended supplier and features on the English Wedding Showcase.

• Salma

I was a little nervous before reading this post as I thought to myself ‘Have I really found the perfect timeless dress for me?’

Thankfully I think I can say YES! Like I said in my dress post, I went for something I didn’t think I would as it was the shape of my dress that did it for me as soon as I tried it on, and it TOTALLY goes with my venue. PHEW! 🙂

• I can’t recommend Michelle highly enough. We’ve worked together on many weddings over the last few years – the brides that she sends my way have nothing but good things to say about the experience they have had at Timeless Bride, even those that didn’t get their dress from her! Michelle should be top of everyone’s list when choosing a wedding dress – she’s the best!

• chris hanley

ditto to what laura says

Salma I think it’s also about finding ‘The One’ isn’t it… and to tip Michelle’s advice upside down, that’s when you know you’ve got your timeless look – if you love it that much now, it’s pretty much guaranteed you’ll love it in years to come. I can’t wait to see your dress, especially with what we know about your venue and your blogs about the whole ‘should it be fairytale’ thing… Really can’t wait for it.

Laura and Chris thank you for your comments. There are more coming soon (as you know, Laura) inspired by all 3 of you! Watch out for ‘it’s all about the Experience’ coming soon.

• katie- bride to be

I am getting married in just over two weeks and Michelle has worked her magic with me. When I started my search for ‘the one’ (Dress- not fiancee!) I was unsure what I wanted, nervous, low in body confidence and cried before I had even tried any dresses on! Michelle was FANTASTIC! She was calm, reassuring and the ultimate dress ‘guru’. My priority was looking as slim as possible and after trying around 20 different dresses on- a new dress came in…it was the one! I had not had the ‘lightening bolt’ but as I stood in Timeless Bride in THE dress, it began to thunder outside and if I wasn’t sure before I was then! I literally had thunder and lightening. Michelle has encouraged me to bring my personality to my dress and as I tried on the dress with all my accessories last night I could not have felt more amazing- strutting my stuff across the shop floor as if it were a cat walk. How things have changed since my first visit in the summer. I can’t wait for the big day now and to share my ‘personality dress’ with all my friends and family! Thanks Michelle, a true professional!

Heee Katie love your “dress not fiance” comment! And wow – the way you tell your wedding dress story is a hundred times better than anything I could write. What fantastic praise for Michelle – it supports everything I’ve heard about her too. Thank you so much for your comment, and best of luck with your wedding, have a fabulous day!

• Katie Mitchell

I purchased my beautiful dress from Timeless Bride and experienced fantastic service through Michelle. After going to many dress shops in Cheshire I came across Timeless Bride. Here I found an amazingly relaxed and unpressured experience! Not only did Michelle help me find the perfect dress but she even gave the opportunity to go away and think about it “If this is the dress you will know and come back and buy it! “. She then helped me find all the other elements and the fitting service was second to none! I could not recommend her more highly in ensuring that my dress experience was nothing but pleasurable!xx

Katie M another fantastic comment thank you so very much! Again this is something I’d heard about Michelle – caring enough to encourage a potential customer to shop around and then come back is a pretty special thing. Lovely praise and I’m smiling so much reading your comment. Thank you! Claire x

• Diane Rothwell

I got married 6 weeks ago and had the most gorgeous dress from Timeless Bride. Michelle did everything she could to make sure I was at ease and all ready for my big day. I have already recommended her to everyone I can think of, I just wish i could have the experience of going to her boutique all over again!! I keep unzipping my dress bag just to admire my beautiful dress. Michelle is a true gem and definitely helped me pick the most perfect dress. I cannot praise her enough! Thank you! xx

Thank you Diane. I’ve never had such lovely feedback for a wedding supplier on the blog – this is brilliant! 🙂

• Emma S

I am a Timeless Bride to Be and all the comments so far could be describing my own visit to Michelle. When I went to see her I was so dispondent and two weeks later I had the dress of my dreams – completely different to what I thought I wanted but Michelle’s advice and attention to all the details of my wedding helped me choose a dress that fits perfectly with our theme and venue. I tell everyone nad anyone about her amazing service and I call her my ‘wedding angel’ as she made one of the most potentially stressful decisions an absolute joy (don’t forget her lovely mum and niece too!!). Thanks you for highlighting her and her gorgeous shop on here xx

Thank you Emma for the comment. I’m smiling again at this one – what a lovely message for Michelle. It’s about a lot more than buying a dress, isn’t it… I must crack on with the blog post about suppliers like Michelle (and this is partly inspired by Michelle) who focus on the Experience of shopping with them for your wedding day. Even more inspiring, I think! Have a fab weekend Emma, and thank you thank you thank you 🙂