- Jules Bridal Jewellery on Why documentary photos are the key to a unique wedding, by Benjamin Toms
- Paul Tarry on Katherine and Ben’s homemade woodland wedding in Cornwall, with Evolve Photography
- Steph - Ivy Ellen on Katherine and Ben’s homemade woodland wedding in Cornwall, with Evolve Photography
- Earcandy on England’s most incredible wedding venue: introducing Sharrow Bay
- WhereWedding.co.uk on Katherine and Ben’s homemade woodland wedding in Cornwall, with Evolve Photography
My calligraphyHello! I'm Claire and I write the English wedding blog - an independent blog for brides and grooms.
The English Wedding Blog is all about creativity: my dream is to curate an online space for couples to get inspired by real weddings, shoots and the latest in wedding design - with a real focus on English and UK weddings and suppliers.
I'm also known for writing calligraphy - for my work with Kirstie Allsopp and because I've worked with hundreds of brides and grooms. Beautiful writing is my passion and I'm happiest with a pen in my hand and ink on my face!
I live on the edge of the English Lake District, a couple of minutes from the seaside. I've lived in France and Italy, I ride a Vespa, I'm a cat person and I love rock music, walking in the mountains, and my beach.
Get to know me a little more on facebook | see what inspires me on Pinterest | or follow me on twitter
Contact Claire…firstname.lastname@example.org 01946 727 837
English Wedding Blog
Apartment 1 Lingmell Courtyard
- Peonies and pastels for a beautiful May wedding at Cold Harbour Barn, with Louise Adby Photography
- A whimsical, rustic, autumn woodland fairytale wedding with Rob & Sarah Gillespie Photography
- An elegant London wedding at the Institute of Contemporary Art, with Blake Ezra Photography
- Why documentary photos are the key to a unique wedding, by Benjamin Toms
- England’s most incredible wedding venue: introducing Sharrow Bay
- Katherine and Ben’s homemade woodland wedding in Cornwall, with Evolve Photography
- Shades of Elegance – bridal style inspiration at the Artist Residence Hotel, London
- A beautiful wedding at Sheffield Botanical Gardens and The Chimney House: Tierney Photography
- Jenny and Louie’s lovely DIY wedding at Ufton Court Barn, with Benjamin Stuart Photography
- A handcrafted, postwar sweetheart 1940s inspired wedding blog with Damian Burcher Photography
- Modern calligraphy class… a few spaces left on the 10th of June!
- Homemade with love: Shani and Tim’s Kent wedding, with White Stag Wedding Photography
- We all wore Converse! Sarah & Ally’s Warwickshire wedding, with Rob & Sarah Gillespie Photography
- About those group shots… invisible on blogs, unmissable for your memories!
- An English country garden wedding at Westonbirt House, with Robert Leons Photography
- An effortlessly elegant, brilliant family focused wedding in London with Colin Clay Photography
- A modern twist on a classic love story: Cinderella style for your wedding, with Something Blue
- A rustic Avoncroft Museum wedding, handcrafted with love and thought. Rob & Sarah Gillespie Photography
- How to style a stately home wedding, at Waddesdon Manor
- Jade and Lawrence’s pretty DIY wedding at Hedingham Castle, with Sam & Louise Photography
- Join me for a modern calligraphy class in Manchester in June!
- Are exclusive features on wedding blogs killing our creativity?
- Creative and unusual florals with rustic bakes – my new favourite alternative spring wedding look!
- Nicola & Adam’s romantic Fanham’s Hall Hotel wedding, with Richard Pickavance
- Hannah and Mark’s vintage wedding at Ardington House, with Lesley Pattinson Photography
- The two best moments of your wedding day?
- Luxury chocolate truffle wedding favours from The Pavilion at Lane End, Buckinghamshire
- An elegant Lowry theatre wedding film
- An English country garden wedding in Henley on Thames, with Hannah McClune Photography
- Emma and Davide’s timeless, graceful Yorkshire teepee wedding, with My Love Story Photography
Tag Archives: UK wedding
I’ve been so excited to share today’s wedding with you all, in fact it’s one I’ve been waiting for since I first saw the gorgeous photos on Jason Mark Harris‘s blog back in November. It’s such a beautiful day – with a stunning bride, handsome groom and a brand new wedding venue for the English Wedding Blog. You can see all the Kent weddings I’ve featured on the blog here, but this is the first from High Rocks, an extraordinary wedding venue with five impressive function rooms and a unique setting which promises an unforgettable day and a spectacular wedding photo album!
The wedding sounds pretty fantastic, an amazing party and a really personal day. Mark and Danielle didn’t follow the usual rules about tradition, and their top tip is to do the things you want to do instead of what’s traditionally expected at weddings. I couldn’t agree more! They involved family and friends in their wedding day with Danielle making her own stationery, flowers by Danielle’s mum and original wedding readings. For their entertainment they hired an Elvis tribute act who went down an absolute storm and comes highly recommended! Read Danielle’s wedding report at the end of the blog today for more details.
With huge thanks to today’s English Wedding Blog stars, the lovely Danielle and Mark. Thanks also to wedding photographer Jason Mark Harris for sharing his fabulous images of their High Rocks wedding with us all. Everyone – enjoy!
Hi again everyone, and happy Friday – can you believe it’s November already? The plus side… nearly time for some gorgeous winter weddings and definitely time for a reminder of those beautiful snowy wedding scenes some of you might have for your wedding day this winter. Do we have any December or January brides and grooms reading? Then today’s real wedding blog feature is for you!
I’m so proud to be sharing Sian and Dean’s beautiful wedding in Surrey with you today. It has a festive feeling to it, and I adore how today’s couple just never stop smiling. The scenes in the forest are out of this world… magical, almost.
Huge thanks to Sian for sharing her fantastic wedding report with us all today – I hope you love it. Congratulations, lovely lady And my thanks also to fab Surrey wedding photographer Karen Flower, who captured their day so beautifully. Do read Sian’s review for Karen, which is really heartfelt and touching. This lady comes very highly recommended!
It’s extra special when a groom answers my English Wedding Blog questionnaire, and Andrew’s story of his wedding to beautiful bride Harriette is so romantic – you’ll love it! Such a gorgeous couple, and creative too: Andrew designed all the stationery, and details and accessories came from Etsy, Ted Baker and David Beckham!
Sorry Andrew… that part of your questionnaire made me chuckle! Love it!
So here’s a fabulous English wedding blog which I know you’ll enjoy seeing more of. The images are by Maureen Du Preez (thanks Maureen!) and words are by today’s rather dashing groom Andrew. Oh! Let’s start with a quote (because it’s a heart-melter…) from Andrew – his memorable moments from the day:
“the moment I turned to see my bride walk in, she took my breath away!!! Also to see my father shedding a tear and the smile on my mother’s face made it so special for me.”
I loved Anna and Craig’s Fawsley Hall wedding as soon as I saw it – and when they say ‘all things vintage’ they really mean it… there’s even a steam roller thrown in! Not to mention the family heirlooms as wedding decor. This is truly beautiful.
I also admire Anna and Craig’s approach to sourcing wedding suppliers. They sourced items locally and saved money that way, as well as working together with family and friends to make their own accessories for the big day. But most of all this is a beautiful wedding full of smiles and laughter, love and family. There’s mention of a giggling fit at the altar (love it!) in Anna’s wedding report which you’ll find at the end of the blog feature today.
Thank you to Kent wedding photographer Benjamin Toms for sharing the images of this beautiful Fawsley Hall wedding today. And huge congratulations to Anna and Craig! Enjoy! Claire xx
A beautiful Fawsley Hall wedding blog – Anna & Craig and all things vintage
Phil and Clare’s UK wedding is beautiful and lovely and makes the most of personal touches for wedding guests. I know you’ll love today’s bride and groom (and of course adorable little Alfie!) – and I think you’ll take some of their ideas away with you too!
Mixing the best of vintage elegance with more modern elements, Clare describes their wedding style as being “all about lace, soft pink colourings, roses, hearts and crystals. Everything encaptured one or more of these details.”
The images are by wedding photographer Kerry Diamond, who got a glowing review from the bride and groom! I hope you enjoy today’s wedding blog. Congratulations to Clare and Phil, and huge thanks for sharing and sending me such a fantastic wedding report. You two are gorgeous and utterly amazing! And thank you too Kerry for the submission. Everyone – enjoy! Claire xx
I designed my own dress! Melissa and Jamie’s traditional English wedding with rustic and quirky elements
I’m always awestruck by the time and effort that goes into planning a wedding, so reading that Melissa designed her own wedding dress really impressed me! Add in all the creative touches to this beautiful English wedding and this is instantly a blog favourite.
The gorgeous couple have the most romantic story and their wedding is simply wonderful too. Watch out for the cutest leaf name place settings, apple menu holders, flower jars with rustic twine, log table numbers and the burlap seating plan… all out of this world. The highlight of course has to be Melissa’s dress – I know you’ll love it.
Congratulations to the lovely Melissa and Jamie, and thank you to Shaun Taylor Photography for submitting their wedding for us all to share today. Enjoy! Claire xxx