- Gemma and Alistair’s gorgeous outdoor wedding at Millbridge Court, with Benjamin Toms Photography on
- 11 charmingly quirky wedding invitation ideas for boho brides and grooms on
- The magic of a spring wedding, with Carol Elizabeth Photography on
- Becky and Tim’s elegant wedding at the RAC Woodcote Park, with Murray Clarke Photography on
- Becky and Tim’s elegant wedding at the RAC Woodcote Park, with Murray Clarke Photography on
Hello! I'm Claire and I write the English wedding blog - an independent blog for brides and grooms.
The English Wedding Blog is all about creativity: my dream is to curate an online space for couples to get inspired by real weddings, shoots and the latest in wedding design - with a real focus on English and UK weddings and suppliers.
I'm also known for writing calligraphy - for my work with Kirstie Allsopp and because I've worked with hundreds of brides and grooms. Beautiful writing is my passion and I'm happiest with a pen in my hand and ink on my face!
I live on the edge of the English Lake District, a couple of minutes from the seaside. I've lived in France and Italy, I ride a Vespa, I'm a cat person and I love dirty guitar bands, walking in the mountains, and my beach.
Get to know me a little more on facebook | see what inspires me on Pinterest | or follow me on twitter
Contact Claire…firstname.lastname@example.org 07722 405 537
English Wedding Blog
7 Parklands Drive
- Angela and Aaron’s white and gold winter wedding with Camilla J. Hards
- Conceptual Elegance: nature’s beauty & urban backdrops for a sublime modern wedding style
- Nicola and Gary’s vintage-inspired wedding at Streamcombe Farm, with Jade Nott Photography
- Betty and Phil’s wedding with Linus Moran Photography
- The magic of a marquee wedding venue, with Hatch Marquee Hire (Devon & Cornwall)
- Lizzie & Nilo’s hidden gem museum wedding in London, with Kristian Leven Photography
- New sponsor welcome! Alive Network Entertainment Agency
- Sarah and Paul’s vintage village hall wedding in the Cotswolds, with Carol Elizabeth Photography
- Emily and Max’s beautiful English wedding at Huntsham Court, with Eleanor Stobbart Photography
- Practical wedding tips from the other side of the lens, by Liam Smith Photography
- Chloe and James’s gorgeous autumn wedding full of books, with Howell Jones Photography
- Award-winning make up advice and bridal contouring demo by Cathryn Kerwin-Rawlinson with Paul Kyte Photography
- Luxurious, opulent wedding style in a romantic, rustic setting: a styled shoot
- Sophisticated bohemian wedding stationery collections from Lilac & White
- Jen and Tim’s homemade, countryside wedding in Chipping Walden, with Jodie Cooling Photography
- Bluebell woodland wedding inspiration shoot with Harriet Jones
- Alex and Andrew’s nature-inspired Wynyard Hall wedding with a touch of Aussie – with David West Photography
- Hannah & Seb’s perfectly traditional English wedding at the Palace of Westminster, with Neil Walker Photography
- Discovering beautiful handmade bridesmaid dresses by AbideMaids in Devon
- Unique, boho and illustrated wedding stationery collections by Aimee Willow Designs
- Jen and Chris’s beautiful yellow accented wedding at Bury Court Barn, with Murray Clarke Photography
- New sponsor welcome: Lumière Photography, Leicester
- Vanessa & Will’s rustic country farm wedding in Warwickshire, with Rob & Sarah Gillespie Photographers
- Emma and Fraser’s charming Putney Farm wedding, with Fiona Kelly Photography
- Make your own beautiful bridal bouquet in blue, coral and white, with Pumpkin & Pye
- Josie and Gareth’s wonderfully rustic countryside wedding, with Freckle Photography
- Charlotte and Jay’s rustic DIY wedding by a lake, with White Stag Photography
- Gemma and Alistair’s gorgeous outdoor wedding at Millbridge Court, with Benjamin Toms Photography
- Sam and Ana’s beautiful Hazlewood Castle wildflower wedding, by Ian Wallace Photography
- New sponsor welcome! York Place Studios (photographers for Yorkshire, UK & the world)
Tag Archives: UK wedding
I’ve been so excited to share today’s wedding with you all, in fact it’s one I’ve been waiting for since I first saw the gorgeous photos on Jason Mark Harris‘s blog back in November. It’s such a beautiful day – with a stunning bride, handsome groom and a brand new wedding venue for the English Wedding Blog. You can see all the Kent weddings I’ve featured on the blog here, but this is the first from High Rocks, an extraordinary wedding venue with five impressive function rooms and a unique setting which promises an unforgettable day and a spectacular wedding photo album!
The wedding sounds pretty fantastic, an amazing party and a really personal day. Mark and Danielle didn’t follow the usual rules about tradition, and their top tip is to do the things you want to do instead of what’s traditionally expected at weddings. I couldn’t agree more! They involved family and friends in their wedding day with Danielle making her own stationery, flowers by Danielle’s mum and original wedding readings. For their entertainment they hired an Elvis tribute act who went down an absolute storm and comes highly recommended! Read Danielle’s wedding report at the end of the blog today for more details.
With huge thanks to today’s English Wedding Blog stars, the lovely Danielle and Mark. Thanks also to wedding photographer Jason Mark Harris for sharing his fabulous images of their High Rocks wedding with us all. Everyone – enjoy!
Hi again everyone, and happy Friday – can you believe it’s November already? The plus side… nearly time for some gorgeous winter weddings and definitely time for a reminder of those beautiful snowy wedding scenes some of you might have for your wedding day this winter. Do we have any December or January brides and grooms reading? Then today’s real wedding blog feature is for you!
I’m so proud to be sharing Sian and Dean’s beautiful wedding in Surrey with you today. It has a festive feeling to it, and I adore how today’s couple just never stop smiling. The scenes in the forest are out of this world… magical, almost.
Huge thanks to Sian for sharing her fantastic wedding report with us all today – I hope you love it. Congratulations, lovely lady 🙂 And my thanks also to fab Surrey wedding photographer Karen Flower, who captured their day so beautifully. Do read Sian’s review for Karen, which is really heartfelt and touching. This lady comes very highly recommended!
It’s extra special when a groom answers my English Wedding Blog questionnaire, and Andrew’s story of his wedding to beautiful bride Harriette is so romantic – you’ll love it! Such a gorgeous couple, and creative too: Andrew designed all the stationery, and details and accessories came from Etsy, Ted Baker and David Beckham!
Sorry Andrew… that part of your questionnaire made me chuckle! Love it!
So here’s a fabulous English wedding blog which I know you’ll enjoy seeing more of. The images are by Maureen Du Preez (thanks Maureen!) and words are by today’s rather dashing groom Andrew. Oh! Let’s start with a quote (because it’s a heart-melter…) from Andrew – his memorable moments from the day:
“the moment I turned to see my bride walk in, she took my breath away!!! Also to see my father shedding a tear and the smile on my mother’s face made it so special for me.”
I loved Anna and Craig’s Fawsley Hall wedding as soon as I saw it – and when they say ‘all things vintage’ they really mean it… there’s even a steam roller thrown in! Not to mention the family heirlooms as wedding decor. This is truly beautiful.
I also admire Anna and Craig’s approach to sourcing wedding suppliers. They sourced items locally and saved money that way, as well as working together with family and friends to make their own accessories for the big day. But most of all this is a beautiful wedding full of smiles and laughter, love and family. There’s mention of a giggling fit at the altar (love it!) in Anna’s wedding report which you’ll find at the end of the blog feature today.
Thank you to Kent wedding photographer Benjamin Toms for sharing the images of this beautiful Fawsley Hall wedding today. And huge congratulations to Anna and Craig! Enjoy! Claire xx
A beautiful Fawsley Hall wedding blog – Anna & Craig and all things vintage
Phil and Clare’s UK wedding is beautiful and lovely and makes the most of personal touches for wedding guests. I know you’ll love today’s bride and groom (and of course adorable little Alfie!) – and I think you’ll take some of their ideas away with you too!
Mixing the best of vintage elegance with more modern elements, Clare describes their wedding style as being “all about lace, soft pink colourings, roses, hearts and crystals. Everything encaptured one or more of these details.”
The images are by wedding photographer Kerry Diamond, who got a glowing review from the bride and groom! I hope you enjoy today’s wedding blog. Congratulations to Clare and Phil, and huge thanks for sharing and sending me such a fantastic wedding report. You two are gorgeous and utterly amazing! And thank you too Kerry for the submission. Everyone – enjoy! Claire xx
I designed my own dress! Melissa and Jamie’s traditional English wedding with rustic and quirky elements
I’m always awestruck by the time and effort that goes into planning a wedding, so reading that Melissa designed her own wedding dress really impressed me! Add in all the creative touches to this beautiful English wedding and this is instantly a blog favourite.
The gorgeous couple have the most romantic story and their wedding is simply wonderful too. Watch out for the cutest leaf name place settings, apple menu holders, flower jars with rustic twine, log table numbers and the burlap seating plan… all out of this world. The highlight of course has to be Melissa’s dress – I know you’ll love it.
Congratulations to the lovely Melissa and Jamie, and thank you to Shaun Taylor Photography for submitting their wedding for us all to share today. Enjoy! Claire xxx