- Get the look! Super pretty in pink with fabulous florals on
- Blissful wedding colour combo – rich autumn reds and palest sea blue. A styled beach shoot with Jennifer Sinclair Photography on
- A beautiful English wedding blog from Frinton Lawn Tennis Club, with Kelsie Low Photography on
- A leading makeup artist’s top 10 tips for brides on
- A beautiful English wedding from Stubton Hall, with Samantha Ward Photography on
- Hello! I'm Claire and I write the English wedding blog - an independent blog for brides and grooms.
The English Wedding Blog is all about creativity: my dream is to curate an online space for couples to get inspired by real weddings, shoots and the latest in wedding design - with a real focus on English and UK weddings and suppliers.
I'm also known for writing calligraphy - for my work with Kirstie Allsopp and because I've worked with hundreds of brides and grooms. Beautiful writing is my passion and I'm happiest with a pen in my hand and ink on my face!
I live on the edge of the English Lake District, a couple of minutes from the seaside. I've lived in France and Italy, I ride a Vespa, I'm a cat person and I love dirty guitar bands, walking in the mountains, and my beach.
Get to know me a little more on facebook | see what inspires me on Pinterest | or follow me on twitter
Contact Claire…firstname.lastname@example.org 07722 405 537
English Wedding Blog
7 Parklands Drive
- Get the look! Super pretty in pink with fabulous florals
- English splendour and 1920s glamour for a red wedding shoot with AJG Photography
- Kath and Doug’s beautiful vintage lace wedding at How Caple Court, with Gemma Williams Photography
- Venue of the week – Studley Castle, Warwickshire
- Pretty in pink for a super glamorous wedding at Dorney Court, with Heni Fourie Photography
- Wedding photo of the week – knock me down with flowers
- Sally & Matt’s English country garden party wedding – in a castle! With Jennifer Jane Photography
- Help! Share your best wedding ideas here…
- Calligraphy invites and round menus with a modern twist
- Blissful wedding colour combo – rich autumn reds and palest sea blue. A styled beach shoot with Jennifer Sinclair Photography
- Art deco touches for an elegant Grittleton House wedding in Wiltshire, with Kevin Belson Photography
- How to join the English Wedding Blog as a recommended supplier
- A beautiful English wedding blog from Frinton Lawn Tennis Club, with Kelsie Low Photography
- Venue of the week – Hylands House, Chelmsford
- A leading makeup artist’s top 10 tips for brides
- Wedding photo of the week – enchanted nature
- Our “story of us” wedding: Rhian and Kris at Wootton Park, with Damian Burcher Photography
- An incredible backdrop for a beautiful autumn wedding at Notley Abbey, with Heni Fourie Photography
- Our weekend party with all of our family and friends! Helen and Declan at White Dove Barn, with Greg Coltman Photography
- New sponsor welcome! Robert Sail Photography, Nottingham
- The theme was wedding! Ashleigh & Richard at Falcon Manor, with DJ Archer Photography
- A beautiful English wedding from Stubton Hall, with Samantha Ward Photography
- Venue of the week: Oakley Court, Windsor
- A fresh new look for Bunny Delicious fans to fall in love with!
- Vicky & Neil’s super personal wedding at Lillibrooke Manor, with Heni Fourie Photography
- Wedding photo of the week – summer shine, we miss you!
- Styled engagement shoot and wedding ideas for a country-loving couple
- Share your expertise on the English Wedding Blog!
- Scarlet calligraphy invites for winter weddings – save £25 with exclusive introductory pricing!
- Blog advertising – an odd question (and answer!)
Category Archives: Videography
It’s movie time! Hannah and Joseph had a gorgeous, London-themed wedding with contemporary styling and beautiful details: I love so many things. The bouquet is divine; Hannah’s Claire Mischevani dress is exquisite; there are tube maps and big red buses, spectacular flowers and an impressive reception venue. Hannah’s also written a lovely wedding report for us and told me, “I know it is a massive cliche but our wedding day was the most incredible, memorable and happiest day of our lives. We couldn’t have wished for it to have been more perfect. With our closest friends and family l there to celebrate with us, it really was our perfect day.”
Hannah and Joseph’s wedding film by HD Moments
The theme of the wedding was ‘London’. We had iconic London image themes throughout the day, tube map table plans, London buses to transport the guests from church to venue and oyster card holders as favours and of course it was based in London.
Good morning! How was your weekend? I hope you survived the snow… and had some fun playing in it too! Back to weddings now, and I have an absolute cracker to begin the week with. Zoe and Mark’s Cheshire wedding has bags of character and is guaranteed to make you smile. Zoe is beautiful, they make a fantastic couple and the wedding film will bring a tear to your eye… I should mention it’s by the lovely Craig at Unforgettable Memories.
I’m sharing this wedding in two blog features, this morning and tomorrow (there’s something VERY special and exciting on the way this afternoon at 4pm in between!) – the wedding film is simply amazing, and I’ve shared a little of Zoe’s wedding report with you here. My huge thanks to Jonny Draper Photography for sharing the lovely images of the day with us all today.
There are always hundreds of things happening at English Wedding Blog – one of the loveliest is that I have Deneemotion wedding films as my newest blog sponsor. Denis and Max have joined my select group of sponsors this autumn and I’m delighted to have them on the team.
Deneemotion’s approach to filming & editing is creative and free of cliches. Their approach is fresh and innovative, and their wedding films are sensitively and beautifully made. Denis and Max are based in London, but have filmed in California, the Caribbean, Croatia, France, Cyprus, Ireland and Scotland so far. They’re hot property, having featured on many of the top wedding blogs around the world!
See some of my favourite wedding films by Deneemotion on my favourite wedding blogs:
- Style Me Pretty (James and Kayan)
- Whimsical Wonderland Weddings (Rebecca and Dylan)
- 100 Layer Cake (Simone and Sean)
Deneemotion website: www.deneemotion.com
Five more fabulous wedding films from Deneemotion on English Wedding Blog: english-wedding.com/deneemotion-contemporary-wedding-films
A quick, simple and very beautiful wedding blog post for you this morning everyone – Aaron from Reel Weddings emailed me with a little compliment about my calligraphy and this little message “thought I’d send you this little email to see if you wished to pop this film on your blog. It’s a little bit vintage and 60s inspired with a chilled and relaxed day with lots of shots of the sun. We like the sun. We miss it.”
I miss it too. But it’s lovely to remember what it was like! More to the point this is the most delightful little wedding film from one of my favourite venues. The story of the ‘other lovely dinosaur’ sets a lighthearted and romantic tone, and everything about Caroline and Warren’s wedding appeals to me – I’m still smiling to myself, ten minutes after watching their wedding film.
Morning everyone. Pens down for a sec please: I’m very happy to say it’s movie time!… and I’m going to make you cry. There’s a split second glance in this little wedding film that tells me Jane and Steve both knew they’d be in tears – and they are. It’s beautiful to watch though, and I love seeing a groom covered in happy tears! The film is by the ever-so-lovely Marry Me Films
Wedding highlights to watch out for:
- Jane looks gorgeous in a beautiful, figure-hugging strapless dress.
- Steve’s nerves build from the very beginning – but when he sees his bride, your heart will melt! And from then on, the smiles don’t stop.
- The lovely ivory and pink rose venue decorations for ceremony which is in a gorgeous white room with high windows
- They really go the whole nine yards, including white horses and carriage
A little something special for today – 3:44 minutes of romance with Lauren* and Pat’s lovely wedding feature film from Love Gets Sweeter. I love blogging wedding films like this – it’s wonderful to sit back, turn my speakers up, grab a biscuit (just to hold) and smile, giggle and cry a bit along with the movie!
Highlights of this wedding film for me (and for you to watch out for):
- Hubert the dog is so cuddleable
- the boys cycling their way around London (a bit wibbly)
- Lauren’s fabulous dress by Enzoani is amazing on her! Properly elaborate and beautiful – and on such a gorgeous bride it looks incredible. Watch for the swishing through the park…
- Pat’s nerves during the ceremony – he’s so lovely and adorably overwhelmed by the wedding
- * briefly known as Louise as Pat said her middle name first by accident, or so I understand from the Love Gets Sweeter blog post!