- Jules Bridal Jewellery on Why documentary photos are the key to a unique wedding, by Benjamin Toms
- Paul Tarry on Katherine and Ben’s homemade woodland wedding in Cornwall, with Evolve Photography
- Steph - Ivy Ellen on Katherine and Ben’s homemade woodland wedding in Cornwall, with Evolve Photography
- Earcandy on England’s most incredible wedding venue: introducing Sharrow Bay
- WhereWedding.co.uk on Katherine and Ben’s homemade woodland wedding in Cornwall, with Evolve Photography
My calligraphyHello! I'm Claire and I write the English wedding blog - an independent blog for brides and grooms.
The English Wedding Blog is all about creativity: my dream is to curate an online space for couples to get inspired by real weddings, shoots and the latest in wedding design - with a real focus on English and UK weddings and suppliers.
I'm also known for writing calligraphy - for my work with Kirstie Allsopp and because I've worked with hundreds of brides and grooms. Beautiful writing is my passion and I'm happiest with a pen in my hand and ink on my face!
I live on the edge of the English Lake District, a couple of minutes from the seaside. I've lived in France and Italy, I ride a Vespa, I'm a cat person and I love rock music, walking in the mountains, and my beach.
Get to know me a little more on facebook | see what inspires me on Pinterest | or follow me on twitter
Contact Claire…firstname.lastname@example.org 01946 727 837
English Wedding Blog
Apartment 1 Lingmell Courtyard
- Too deliciously designed to dare to taste? Wedding cakes gallery by Rosalind Miller Cakes
- Fabulous fairground wedding style with a quirky twist! Matilda Rose Photography at Marleybrook House
- Jacqui and Steve’s simple, relaxed wedding at Gate Street Barn, by Stylish Wedding Photography
- Minimal, naturally beautiful wedding styling at Froyle Park, Hampshire
- Peonies and pastels for a beautiful May wedding at Cold Harbour Barn, with Louise Adby Photography
- A whimsical, rustic, autumn woodland fairytale wedding with Rob & Sarah Gillespie Photography
- An elegant London wedding at the Institute of Contemporary Art, with Blake Ezra Photography
- Why documentary photos are the key to a unique wedding, by Benjamin Toms
- England’s most incredible wedding venue: introducing Sharrow Bay
- Katherine and Ben’s homemade woodland wedding in Cornwall, with Evolve Photography
- Shades of Elegance – bridal style inspiration at the Artist Residence Hotel, London
- A beautiful wedding at Sheffield Botanical Gardens and The Chimney House: Tierney Photography
- Jenny and Louie’s lovely DIY wedding at Ufton Court Barn, with Benjamin Stuart Photography
- A handcrafted, postwar sweetheart 1940s inspired wedding blog with Damian Burcher Photography
- Modern calligraphy class… a few spaces left on the 10th of June!
- Homemade with love: Shani and Tim’s Kent wedding, with White Stag Wedding Photography
- We all wore Converse! Sarah & Ally’s Warwickshire wedding, with Rob & Sarah Gillespie Photography
- About those group shots… invisible on blogs, unmissable for your memories!
- An English country garden wedding at Westonbirt House, with Robert Leons Photography
- An effortlessly elegant, brilliant family focused wedding in London with Colin Clay Photography
- A modern twist on a classic love story: Cinderella style for your wedding, with Something Blue
- A rustic Avoncroft Museum wedding, handcrafted with love and thought. Rob & Sarah Gillespie Photography
- How to style a stately home wedding, at Waddesdon Manor
- Jade and Lawrence’s pretty DIY wedding at Hedingham Castle, with Sam & Louise Photography
- Join me for a modern calligraphy class in Manchester in June!
- Are exclusive features on wedding blogs killing our creativity?
- Creative and unusual florals with rustic bakes – my new favourite alternative spring wedding look!
- Nicola & Adam’s romantic Fanham’s Hall Hotel wedding, with Richard Pickavance
- Hannah and Mark’s vintage wedding at Ardington House, with Lesley Pattinson Photography
- The two best moments of your wedding day?
Category Archives: the blog week
Ever wonder what wedding blogs wedding bloggers read? (Sorry if the answer’s no and I’ve twisted your brain with that bizarrely phrased question.) I read a lot of wedding blogs and love reading about unique weddings, discovering new ideas and enjoying great wedding photography.
Guessing that you like all the same things as I do* I try and share my favourite wedding blogs in a weekly or fortnightly round up… although it’s been a while! Here are my favourite real weddings, creative ideas and things to buy, advice articles and Pinterest boards for you from the last few weeks’ reading. Enjoy!
*except possibly riding motorbikes and climbing mountains… I mean the wedding side of things really!…
The best real wedding blogs
Hasn’t Friday taken a long time to come around this week?! I’m looking forward to the weekend – and I hope you have a lovely one. Whether you’re shopping or seeing family or friends, have a great weekend. To keep you entertained in the meantime, here are my best wedding blog posts from the last couple of weeks – with thanks to WedWeekly for a couple of ideas here too!
- A fabulous real wedding in Devon: lace, feathers and DIY details
- A beautiful real wedding in Ascot – purple theme, fab bridesmaids dresses!
- Pale yellows and a summery wedding theme with glorious sunshine
- More purple – this is another gorgeous UK wedding to inspire you
- A beautiful, intimate Wiltshire wedding. Gorgeous winter sunshine and some thoughts on registrars…
- Romance at Ramster Hall and some fabulous first dance images
Oops… while I was planning for my wedding fair last week I didn’t have time to write up my ‘best wedding blogs’ post for the week. And my bookmarks folder is ready to pop! I even have some lined up to share with you for next time already… but for now, here are my favourite wedding blogs for this week. Enjoy!
The best real wedding blogs
- Love this winter wonderland wedding on London Bride blog! Clemency and Tom – with tons of great details and a really atmospheric venue
- I used baby’s breath (gypsophila) to decorate my stand at the wedding fair… and I fell in love with it. Lauren & Grant’s wedding uses it so beautifully!
- Cupcakes, romance and a gorgeous strappy wedding dress: Leanne & Oliver’s Leeds wedding
- Steph and Jonny’s wedding is fab – the calligraphy a highlight for me “She who wears the crown” on Brides Up North
- A beautiful English countryside wedding: Caroline and Alex’s big day in Kent
Happy Friday afternoon, everyone! It’s time once again to share the best of the week’s wedding blogs – from around the UK and a little way overseas. I’m quite proud of my selection this week – hope you love it!
Real wedding blogs and engagements
- There’s a touch of English style to this lovely garden wedding from Style Me Pretty
- Documentary wedding photography at its best: a beautiful Ridge Farm wedding
- Engagement shoot inspiration from Cambridge: a Sidney Sussex College photo shoot
- A beautiful English wedding: from Crockwell Farm, by Aaron Collett Photography
- A wedding blog from San Francisco: look out for the bride and groom on the windowsill!
- A chic wedding at London’s Mayfair – from Love Luxe Blog
- I love this engagement session from ARJ Photo – beautiful and inspiring
- Talk about different – the world is indeed your oyster… Junk boat wedding blog
Thank you. You lovely, lovely friends out there reading, commenting on and subscribing to English Wedding Blog are why we’ve made it to the top 10 of the top 100 UK wedding blogs list – again!
English Wedding Blog is the 8th best UK wedding blog!
It goes without saying that if nobody read this, I wouldn’t have made the list! So thank you – I’m truly grateful to everyone for reading and sharing my little bit of the interweb.
It’s fantastic to see new wedding blogs making the list, the top 3 of course are firmly entrenched in their positions on high (and it’s well deserved!) – and the lovely Lou from Whimsical Wonderland Weddings is biting at their heels in 4th place. The boys from Staggered are still in the top ten, now at 5 (hurray for boys!?) and then there are new bloggers appearing too…
Whether you’ve had a glorious week full of sunshine and are itching to go out and play, or have spent the last few days at the drizzly Cumbrian seaside like me, I think it’s time to sit back and enjoy a bit of wedding goodness. Forget work – it’s time to catch up with the very best from wedding blogs over the last week-and-a-bit!
- A beautiful Stanway House Cheltenham wedding on Martin Beddall’s photography blog
- Inspiring teepee wedding – with Papakata of course, and photographed by Phil Drinkwater
- Nobody shoots a Peckforton Castle wedding like the wonderful Chris Hanley Photography. This is divine!
- Bittenham Springs is a gorgeous place to get married – I love this Cotswolds wedding, by Anneli Marinovich
- A luxurious, elegant and graceful wedding from Mitton Hall, by one of the stars of the Love Bridal boutique launch this week, the lovely Adam of ARJ Photography.