- liz inigo jones on For wedding suppliers: 5 Basic Rules of Editorial Shoot Etiquette!
- Vickerstaff Photography on Chris and Kate’s beautiful hydrangea wedding in Staffordshire, with Samantha Jane Photography
- Flushing Bride on Wedding Cake Trends for 2015 by Carolyn, The Pavilion at Lane End
- Vickerstaff Photography on 1920s inspired bridal style… with a dramatic and beautiful grunge twist!
- Vickerstaff Photography on Emma and Gavin’s rustic barn wedding in Suffolk, with Lorraine Claire Photography
My calligraphyHello! I'm Claire and I write the English wedding blog - an independent blog for brides and grooms.
The English Wedding Blog is all about creativity: my dream is to curate an online space for couples to get inspired by real weddings, shoots and the latest in wedding design - with a real focus on English and UK weddings and suppliers.
I'm also known for writing calligraphy - for my work with Kirstie Allsopp and because I've worked with hundreds of brides and grooms. Beautiful writing is my passion and I'm happiest with a pen in my hand and ink on my face!
I live on the edge of the English Lake District, a couple of minutes from the seaside. I've lived in France and Italy, I ride a Vespa, I'm a cat person and I love rock music, walking in the mountains, and my beach.
Get to know me a little more on facebook | see what inspires me on Pinterest | or follow me on twitter
Contact Claire…email@example.com 01946 727 837
English Wedding Blog
Apartment 1 Lingmell Courtyard
- Georgian country house wedding styled shoot, with My Fayre Favourite and Penny Young Photography
- A three-month-and-more countdown to beautiful wedding hair
- Your ideas please: ‘Exclusive’ content on wedding blogs?
- A stunning Cheshire wedding at Abbeywood Estate, with Pixies in the Cellar Photography
- Chris and Kate’s beautiful hydrangea wedding in Staffordshire, with Samantha Jane Photography
- Wedding Cake Trends for 2015 by Carolyn, The Pavilion at Lane End
- A beautiful 1920s inspired wedding at Manchester Art Gallery, with Tony Fanning Photography
- 1920s inspired bridal style… with a dramatic and beautiful grunge twist!
- Create a fun and fresh spring wedding look with blue hydrangeas – Oakley Hall bridal shoot
- Sarah and Nigel’s beautiful Brighton music hall wedding with Sue Kwiatkowska Photography
- The rise of the elopement… 9 reasons why running away together beats planning a wedding!
- Heather and Liam’s seaside wedding at The Worthing Dome, with Victoria Lamburn Photography
- Hilary and Taher’s quintessentially English wedding in Ilkley, with Suzy Mitchell Photography
- For wedding suppliers: 5 Basic Rules of Editorial Shoot Etiquette!
- Adrian and Charlotte’s beautiful Wasing Park wedding with Ian Wallace Photography
- Emma and Gavin’s rustic barn wedding in Suffolk, with Lorraine Claire Photography
- New sponsor welcome! Bunny Delicious unique wedding stationery
- Jessica and Sean’s quintessentially English wedding at Priory Hall, with Lee Allison Photography
- Meet the wedding photographer: Benjamin Toms
- Luxuriously lovely couture wedding gowns – the new look book images from Phillipa Lepley
- Temples, churches, Pimms and curry! Charlie and Ashok’s Indian fusion wedding with Paul Fuller Kent Photography
- New sponsor welcome! Wild Rose Photography
- Glamour, elegance and a dress which you will love forever… Sassi Holford’s Signature Collection
- Bethany and Harry’s classical English wedding at Stoke Rochford, with Aaron Collett Photography
- Special offer: 40% off DIY wedding photo albums
- A closer look at Sassi Holford’s 2015 So Sassi Collection: delicious designer style for the modern British bride
- 5 essential money saving tips from The Pavilion at Lane End
- Gorgeous handpicked flowers for a Lobster Shack summer wedding, with Caroline Nicholson Photography
- A sensational mansion house styled shoot by Lucy Rose Photography
- Spotlight on Stationery: Vintage Hollywood & more by Devotion Stationery
Category Archives: the blog week
Ever wonder what wedding blogs wedding bloggers read? (Sorry if the answer’s no and I’ve twisted your brain with that bizarrely phrased question.) I read a lot of wedding blogs and love reading about unique weddings, discovering new ideas and enjoying great wedding photography.
Guessing that you like all the same things as I do* I try and share my favourite wedding blogs in a weekly or fortnightly round up… although it’s been a while! Here are my favourite real weddings, creative ideas and things to buy, advice articles and Pinterest boards for you from the last few weeks’ reading. Enjoy!
*except possibly riding motorbikes and climbing mountains… I mean the wedding side of things really!…
The best real wedding blogs
Hasn’t Friday taken a long time to come around this week?! I’m looking forward to the weekend – and I hope you have a lovely one. Whether you’re shopping or seeing family or friends, have a great weekend. To keep you entertained in the meantime, here are my best wedding blog posts from the last couple of weeks – with thanks to WedWeekly for a couple of ideas here too!
- A fabulous real wedding in Devon: lace, feathers and DIY details
- A beautiful real wedding in Ascot – purple theme, fab bridesmaids dresses!
- Pale yellows and a summery wedding theme with glorious sunshine
- More purple – this is another gorgeous UK wedding to inspire you
- A beautiful, intimate Wiltshire wedding. Gorgeous winter sunshine and some thoughts on registrars…
- Romance at Ramster Hall and some fabulous first dance images
Oops… while I was planning for my wedding fair last week I didn’t have time to write up my ‘best wedding blogs’ post for the week. And my bookmarks folder is ready to pop! I even have some lined up to share with you for next time already… but for now, here are my favourite wedding blogs for this week. Enjoy!
The best real wedding blogs
- Love this winter wonderland wedding on London Bride blog! Clemency and Tom – with tons of great details and a really atmospheric venue
- I used baby’s breath (gypsophila) to decorate my stand at the wedding fair… and I fell in love with it. Lauren & Grant’s wedding uses it so beautifully!
- Cupcakes, romance and a gorgeous strappy wedding dress: Leanne & Oliver’s Leeds wedding
- Steph and Jonny’s wedding is fab – the calligraphy a highlight for me “She who wears the crown” on Brides Up North
- A beautiful English countryside wedding: Caroline and Alex’s big day in Kent
Happy Friday afternoon, everyone! It’s time once again to share the best of the week’s wedding blogs – from around the UK and a little way overseas. I’m quite proud of my selection this week – hope you love it!
Real wedding blogs and engagements
- There’s a touch of English style to this lovely garden wedding from Style Me Pretty
- Documentary wedding photography at its best: a beautiful Ridge Farm wedding
- Engagement shoot inspiration from Cambridge: a Sidney Sussex College photo shoot
- A beautiful English wedding: from Crockwell Farm, by Aaron Collett Photography
- A wedding blog from San Francisco: look out for the bride and groom on the windowsill!
- A chic wedding at London’s Mayfair – from Love Luxe Blog
- I love this engagement session from ARJ Photo – beautiful and inspiring
- Talk about different – the world is indeed your oyster… Junk boat wedding blog
Thank you. You lovely, lovely friends out there reading, commenting on and subscribing to English Wedding Blog are why we’ve made it to the top 10 of the top 100 UK wedding blogs list – again!
English Wedding Blog is the 8th best UK wedding blog!
It goes without saying that if nobody read this, I wouldn’t have made the list! So thank you – I’m truly grateful to everyone for reading and sharing my little bit of the interweb.
It’s fantastic to see new wedding blogs making the list, the top 3 of course are firmly entrenched in their positions on high (and it’s well deserved!) – and the lovely Lou from Whimsical Wonderland Weddings is biting at their heels in 4th place. The boys from Staggered are still in the top ten, now at 5 (hurray for boys!?) and then there are new bloggers appearing too…
Whether you’ve had a glorious week full of sunshine and are itching to go out and play, or have spent the last few days at the drizzly Cumbrian seaside like me, I think it’s time to sit back and enjoy a bit of wedding goodness. Forget work – it’s time to catch up with the very best from wedding blogs over the last week-and-a-bit!
- A beautiful Stanway House Cheltenham wedding on Martin Beddall’s photography blog
- Inspiring teepee wedding – with Papakata of course, and photographed by Phil Drinkwater
- Nobody shoots a Peckforton Castle wedding like the wonderful Chris Hanley Photography. This is divine!
- Bittenham Springs is a gorgeous place to get married – I love this Cotswolds wedding, by Anneli Marinovich
- A luxurious, elegant and graceful wedding from Mitton Hall, by one of the stars of the Love Bridal boutique launch this week, the lovely Adam of ARJ Photography.