- Braids and belts; alternative bridal shoot for your inner warrior princess! on
- The English Wedding Book 2016 on
- Ed and Saori’s English apple orchard wedding in Kent, with Parkershots Photography on
- Wedding photo of the week: a beautiful moment on
- 1950s vintage country wedding inspiration by Arusha’s Images Photography, Cumbria on
- Hello! I'm Claire and I write the English wedding blog - an independent blog for brides and grooms.
The English Wedding Blog is all about creativity: my dream is to curate an online space for couples to get inspired by real weddings, shoots and the latest in wedding design - with a real focus on English and UK weddings and suppliers.
I'm also known for writing calligraphy - for my work with Kirstie Allsopp and because I've worked with hundreds of brides and grooms. Beautiful writing is my passion and I'm happiest with a pen in my hand and ink on my face!
I live on the edge of the English Lake District, a couple of minutes from the seaside. I've lived in France and Italy, I ride a Vespa, I'm a cat person and I love dirty guitar bands, walking in the mountains, and my beach.
Get to know me a little more on facebook | see what inspires me on Pinterest | or follow me on twitter
Contact Claire…email@example.com 07722 405 537
English Wedding Blog
7 Parklands Drive
- Laura & Richard’s Scrabble wedding at Icetank in Covent Garden, with Kate Nielen Photography
- New sponsor welcome! Ian Wallace Photography, Yorkshire
- The heartwarming story of a vintage china teaset collection…
- Jessica and Michael’s timeless wedding in Newcastle, with Duncan McCall Photography
- 20 of the loveliest illustrated wedding invitations from UK designers
- Braids and belts; alternative bridal shoot for your inner warrior princess!
- Ed and Saori’s English apple orchard wedding in Kent, with Parkershots Photography
- Rather extraordinarily pretty wedding invitations by Alice Palace
- Wedding photo of the week: a beautiful moment
- Cherry and Myles intimate art deco wedding in Devon, with Lucy Wallace Photography
- 1950s vintage country wedding inspiration by Arusha’s Images Photography, Cumbria
- Creating a timeless wedding style… and does DIY date your wedding?
- An elegant traditional English wedding at Jesmond Dene House, Newcastle with Duncan McCall Photography
- Vibrant country wedding styling ideas from The Plough at Lupton, with Arusha’s Images Photography
- Nail your wedding timings! 5 unmissable tips for your wedding day by Tiree Dawson
- A colourful autumn wedding at Wasing Park, with Hannah McClune Photography
- New sponsor welcome! Lake District wedding photographer Arusha’s Images Photography
- Laura & Jon’s timeless Cheshire wedding at Styal Lodge, with Vickerstaff Photography
- Wedding venue of the week: Shottle Hall, Derbyshire
- Stacey & Roger’s wedding festival at Lains Barn, Oxfordshire with Carol Elizabeth Photography
- Wedding photo of the week: something very, very blue.
- Woodland, country, rustic and natural wedding style from The Cowshed at Freathy Farmhouse
- A gorgeous wedding film from Broadoaks House, Lake District – with Redfield Media
- Stephanie and Paul’s rustic Lake District wedding at The Wild Boar, with Hayley Baxter Photography
- Legend Bridal Designs and a very alternative styled shoot at Lowther Castle
- New sponsor welcome! Liam Smith Photography in London & Milton Keynes
- Jo & Sam’s beautiful country wedding at Elvey Farm in Kent, with Fiona Kelly Photography
- New sponsor welcome! London & destination wedding photographer Louise Adby Photography
- Luscious leaves and rustic elegance at England’s oldest wedding venue, Almonry Barn with Ferri Photography
- Robyn and Matt’s woodland theme wedding in Somerset, with Fiona Walsh Photography
Category Archives: the blog week
Ever wonder what wedding blogs wedding bloggers read? (Sorry if the answer’s no and I’ve twisted your brain with that bizarrely phrased question.) I read a lot of wedding blogs and love reading about unique weddings, discovering new ideas and enjoying great wedding photography.
Guessing that you like all the same things as I do* I try and share my favourite wedding blogs in a weekly or fortnightly round up… although it’s been a while! Here are my favourite real weddings, creative ideas and things to buy, advice articles and Pinterest boards for you from the last few weeks’ reading. Enjoy!
*except possibly riding motorbikes and climbing mountains… I mean the wedding side of things really!…
The best real wedding blogs
Hasn’t Friday taken a long time to come around this week?! I’m looking forward to the weekend – and I hope you have a lovely one. Whether you’re shopping or seeing family or friends, have a great weekend. To keep you entertained in the meantime, here are my best wedding blog posts from the last couple of weeks – with thanks to WedWeekly for a couple of ideas here too!
- A fabulous real wedding in Devon: lace, feathers and DIY details
- A beautiful real wedding in Ascot – purple theme, fab bridesmaids dresses!
- Pale yellows and a summery wedding theme with glorious sunshine
- More purple – this is another gorgeous UK wedding to inspire you
- A beautiful, intimate Wiltshire wedding. Gorgeous winter sunshine and some thoughts on registrars…
- Romance at Ramster Hall and some fabulous first dance images
Oops… while I was planning for my wedding fair last week I didn’t have time to write up my ‘best wedding blogs’ post for the week. And my bookmarks folder is ready to pop! I even have some lined up to share with you for next time already… but for now, here are my favourite wedding blogs for this week. Enjoy!
The best real wedding blogs
- Love this winter wonderland wedding on London Bride blog! Clemency and Tom – with tons of great details and a really atmospheric venue
- I used baby’s breath (gypsophila) to decorate my stand at the wedding fair… and I fell in love with it. Lauren & Grant’s wedding uses it so beautifully!
- Cupcakes, romance and a gorgeous strappy wedding dress: Leanne & Oliver’s Leeds wedding
- Steph and Jonny’s wedding is fab – the calligraphy a highlight for me “She who wears the crown” on Brides Up North
- A beautiful English countryside wedding: Caroline and Alex’s big day in Kent
Happy Friday afternoon, everyone! It’s time once again to share the best of the week’s wedding blogs – from around the UK and a little way overseas. I’m quite proud of my selection this week – hope you love it!
Real wedding blogs and engagements
- There’s a touch of English style to this lovely garden wedding from Style Me Pretty
- Documentary wedding photography at its best: a beautiful Ridge Farm wedding
- Engagement shoot inspiration from Cambridge: a Sidney Sussex College photo shoot
- A beautiful English wedding: from Crockwell Farm, by Aaron Collett Photography
- A wedding blog from San Francisco: look out for the bride and groom on the windowsill!
- A chic wedding at London’s Mayfair – from Love Luxe Blog
- I love this engagement session from ARJ Photo – beautiful and inspiring
- Talk about different – the world is indeed your oyster… Junk boat wedding blog
Thank you. You lovely, lovely friends out there reading, commenting on and subscribing to English Wedding Blog are why we’ve made it to the top 10 of the top 100 UK wedding blogs list – again!
English Wedding Blog is the 8th best UK wedding blog!
It goes without saying that if nobody read this, I wouldn’t have made the list! So thank you – I’m truly grateful to everyone for reading and sharing my little bit of the interweb.
It’s fantastic to see new wedding blogs making the list, the top 3 of course are firmly entrenched in their positions on high (and it’s well deserved!) – and the lovely Lou from Whimsical Wonderland Weddings is biting at their heels in 4th place. The boys from Staggered are still in the top ten, now at 5 (hurray for boys!?) and then there are new bloggers appearing too…
Whether you’ve had a glorious week full of sunshine and are itching to go out and play, or have spent the last few days at the drizzly Cumbrian seaside like me, I think it’s time to sit back and enjoy a bit of wedding goodness. Forget work – it’s time to catch up with the very best from wedding blogs over the last week-and-a-bit!
- A beautiful Stanway House Cheltenham wedding on Martin Beddall’s photography blog
- Inspiring teepee wedding – with Papakata of course, and photographed by Phil Drinkwater
- Nobody shoots a Peckforton Castle wedding like the wonderful Chris Hanley Photography. This is divine!
- Bittenham Springs is a gorgeous place to get married – I love this Cotswolds wedding, by Anneli Marinovich
- A luxurious, elegant and graceful wedding from Mitton Hall, by one of the stars of the Love Bridal boutique launch this week, the lovely Adam of ARJ Photography.