- An English tea party wedding in Derbyshire on
- Chris and Rob’s sophisticated 1920s inspired wedding in Windsor, with Nick Rose Photography on
- Modern calligraphy wedding table plan project – get your craft on! on
- A beautiful homemade wedding in Hertfordshire, with Nicola Casey Photography on
- Sam and Bryony’s beautiful English wedding in Somerset, with John Barwood Photography on
- Hello! I'm Claire and I write the English wedding blog - an independent blog for brides and grooms.
The English Wedding Blog is all about creativity: my dream is to curate an online space for couples to get inspired by real weddings, shoots and the latest in wedding design - with a real focus on English and UK weddings and suppliers.
I'm also known for writing calligraphy - for my work with Kirstie Allsopp and because I've worked with hundreds of brides and grooms. Beautiful writing is my passion and I'm happiest with a pen in my hand and ink on my face!
I live on the edge of the English Lake District, a couple of minutes from the seaside. I've lived in France and Italy, I ride a Vespa, I'm a cat person and I love dirty guitar bands, walking in the mountains, and my beach.
Get to know me a little more on facebook | see what inspires me on Pinterest | or follow me on twitter
Contact Claire…email@example.com 07722 405 537
English Wedding Blog
7 Parklands Drive
- A timeless classic: Lisa and Richie’s brilliant English Lake District wedding with Tiree Dawson Photography
- Tim and Amy’s gorgeous country farm wedding in Kent, with Nick Beal Photography
- Daniel and Claire’s gorgeous marquee wedding in Surrey – with Kotech Films
- A super pretty English wedding at Harrowden Hall, with Summer Lily Photography
- An insanely beautiful rustic English spring wedding, with Three Flowers Photography
- Introducing a new British bridal collection: Alie Street Bridal
- Kelly and Joe’s DIY festival wedding in Devon, with Evolve Photography
- Channel your inner princess – a Cinderella bridal ideas shoot with Jennifer Sinclair Photography
- Make your own watercolour wedding place settings
- Modern calligraphy workshops in Manchester… would you like to come?
- A sophisticated and timeless wedding at Thornton Manor in Cheshire, with Chris Hanley Photography
- Hayley and Alex’s beautiful barn wedding with peach and gold accents – with Alexandra Jane Photography
- Super creative, beautifully personalised laser cut wedding invitations – Lucy and Lukas at Dot Laser
- A super pretty springtime country wedding at South Farm, with Jude Middleton Photography
- A relaxed Tunnels Beaches wedding with a boho twist – Evolve Photography Devon
- When Auntie Muriel met the documentary wedding photographer
- Chris and Rob’s sophisticated 1920s inspired wedding in Windsor, with Nick Rose Photography
- Manchester modern calligraphy workshop #2 – August 21st
- Modern calligraphy wedding table plan project – get your craft on!
- A beautiful homemade wedding in Hertfordshire, with Nicola Casey Photography
- New sponsor welcome! Jennifer Sinclair Photography, Hampshire
- Trust your wedding photographer – don’t stifle their creativity
- How to love your wedding car! With The Little Vintage Car Co. and Dottie Photography
- New sponsor welcome! Rob & Sarah Gillespie Photography
- Rebecca and Brian’s surprise country wedding at Thrumpton Hall, with Cris Lowis Photography
- Your first dance shuffle or routine… remember it’s all about the LOVE!! With 20 stunning first dance images from 20Collective
- New sponsor welcome! Summer Lily Studio
- Our super colourful spring wedding at Snape Maltings, with Ayshea Goldberg Photography
- A classic English Wedding blog from Buxted Park with Dennison Studios
- Vintage inspired boho wedding dresses – fall in love with Minna!
Category Archives: the blog week
Ever wonder what wedding blogs wedding bloggers read? (Sorry if the answer’s no and I’ve twisted your brain with that bizarrely phrased question.) I read a lot of wedding blogs and love reading about unique weddings, discovering new ideas and enjoying great wedding photography.
Guessing that you like all the same things as I do* I try and share my favourite wedding blogs in a weekly or fortnightly round up… although it’s been a while! Here are my favourite real weddings, creative ideas and things to buy, advice articles and Pinterest boards for you from the last few weeks’ reading. Enjoy!
*except possibly riding motorbikes and climbing mountains… I mean the wedding side of things really!…
The best real wedding blogs
Hasn’t Friday taken a long time to come around this week?! I’m looking forward to the weekend – and I hope you have a lovely one. Whether you’re shopping or seeing family or friends, have a great weekend. To keep you entertained in the meantime, here are my best wedding blog posts from the last couple of weeks – with thanks to WedWeekly for a couple of ideas here too!
- A fabulous real wedding in Devon: lace, feathers and DIY details
- A beautiful real wedding in Ascot – purple theme, fab bridesmaids dresses!
- Pale yellows and a summery wedding theme with glorious sunshine
- More purple – this is another gorgeous UK wedding to inspire you
- A beautiful, intimate Wiltshire wedding. Gorgeous winter sunshine and some thoughts on registrars…
- Romance at Ramster Hall and some fabulous first dance images
Oops… while I was planning for my wedding fair last week I didn’t have time to write up my ‘best wedding blogs’ post for the week. And my bookmarks folder is ready to pop! I even have some lined up to share with you for next time already… but for now, here are my favourite wedding blogs for this week. Enjoy!
The best real wedding blogs
- Love this winter wonderland wedding on London Bride blog! Clemency and Tom – with tons of great details and a really atmospheric venue
- I used baby’s breath (gypsophila) to decorate my stand at the wedding fair… and I fell in love with it. Lauren & Grant’s wedding uses it so beautifully!
- Cupcakes, romance and a gorgeous strappy wedding dress: Leanne & Oliver’s Leeds wedding
- Steph and Jonny’s wedding is fab – the calligraphy a highlight for me “She who wears the crown” on Brides Up North
- A beautiful English countryside wedding: Caroline and Alex’s big day in Kent
Happy Friday afternoon, everyone! It’s time once again to share the best of the week’s wedding blogs – from around the UK and a little way overseas. I’m quite proud of my selection this week – hope you love it!
Real wedding blogs and engagements
- There’s a touch of English style to this lovely garden wedding from Style Me Pretty
- Documentary wedding photography at its best: a beautiful Ridge Farm wedding
- Engagement shoot inspiration from Cambridge: a Sidney Sussex College photo shoot
- A beautiful English wedding: from Crockwell Farm, by Aaron Collett Photography
- A wedding blog from San Francisco: look out for the bride and groom on the windowsill!
- A chic wedding at London’s Mayfair – from Love Luxe Blog
- I love this engagement session from ARJ Photo – beautiful and inspiring
- Talk about different – the world is indeed your oyster… Junk boat wedding blog
Thank you. You lovely, lovely friends out there reading, commenting on and subscribing to English Wedding Blog are why we’ve made it to the top 10 of the top 100 UK wedding blogs list – again!
English Wedding Blog is the 8th best UK wedding blog!
It goes without saying that if nobody read this, I wouldn’t have made the list! So thank you – I’m truly grateful to everyone for reading and sharing my little bit of the interweb.
It’s fantastic to see new wedding blogs making the list, the top 3 of course are firmly entrenched in their positions on high (and it’s well deserved!) – and the lovely Lou from Whimsical Wonderland Weddings is biting at their heels in 4th place. The boys from Staggered are still in the top ten, now at 5 (hurray for boys!?) and then there are new bloggers appearing too…
Whether you’ve had a glorious week full of sunshine and are itching to go out and play, or have spent the last few days at the drizzly Cumbrian seaside like me, I think it’s time to sit back and enjoy a bit of wedding goodness. Forget work – it’s time to catch up with the very best from wedding blogs over the last week-and-a-bit!
- A beautiful Stanway House Cheltenham wedding on Martin Beddall’s photography blog
- Inspiring teepee wedding – with Papakata of course, and photographed by Phil Drinkwater
- Nobody shoots a Peckforton Castle wedding like the wonderful Chris Hanley Photography. This is divine!
- Bittenham Springs is a gorgeous place to get married – I love this Cotswolds wedding, by Anneli Marinovich
- A luxurious, elegant and graceful wedding from Mitton Hall, by one of the stars of the Love Bridal boutique launch this week, the lovely Adam of ARJ Photography.