- How to get your wedding photography featured on a top wedding blog: tips from an editor* on
- For DIY brides & grooms: printable wedding stationery by Connie & Joan on
- Sarah and Aaron’s relaxed and informal Consall Hall wedding, with Ragdoll Photography on
- Gemma and Alistair’s gorgeous outdoor wedding at Millbridge Court, with Benjamin Toms Photography on
- 11 charmingly quirky wedding invitation ideas for boho brides and grooms on
Hello! I'm Claire and I write the English wedding blog - an independent blog for brides and grooms.
The English Wedding Blog is all about creativity: my dream is to curate an online space for couples to get inspired by real weddings, shoots and the latest in wedding design - with a real focus on English and UK weddings and suppliers.
I'm also known for writing calligraphy - for my work with Kirstie Allsopp and because I've worked with hundreds of brides and grooms. Beautiful writing is my passion and I'm happiest with a pen in my hand and ink on my face!
I live on the edge of the English Lake District, a couple of minutes from the seaside. I've lived in France and Italy, I ride a Vespa, I'm a cat person and I love dirty guitar bands, walking in the mountains, and my beach.
Get to know me a little more on facebook | see what inspires me on Pinterest | or follow me on twitter
Contact Claire…email@example.com 07722 405 537
English Wedding Blog
7 Parklands Drive
- Mitesh and Joanna’s chic London wedding at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel, with Patryk Stanisz Photography
- A sublime English rose garden wedding inspiration shoot, with Eva Tarnok Photography
- It’s the little things… styling your wedding tables with beautiful modern calligraphy
- Alice & Matt’s beautiful and relaxed Huntsham Court wedding, with Evolve Photography
- Personalising your ceremony: the no-rules, totally unique approach to saying I do!
- Stunning soft blue lakeside wedding inspiration
- Art deco elegance and style at Thornton Manor: a styled shoot with Paul Kyte Photography
- Jodi and James’s fun and bright DIY spring wedding in Sussex, with Neil Walker Photography
- Danielle and Christian’s gorgeous DIY summer wedding, with Hannah K Photography
- Jessica and James’s pretty Maidens Barn wedding, with Ayshea Goldberg Photography
- The upside down naked wedding cake – Ailsa & Phil’s Lighthouse theatre wedding blog
- How to get your wedding photography featured on a top wedding blog: tips from an editor*
- Annabel & Ian’s chic seaside wedding at Turner Contemporary, with Kristian Leven Photography
- Amy & Sam’s fabulous foodie wedding in Somerset, with Jennifer Sinclair Photography
- Woodland boho wedding inspiration with Ayshea Goldberg Photography
- Lucy & Alex’s rustic wedding at Gorwell Barn, Dorset, with Linus Moran Photography
- Write your wedding beautifully… come to calligraphy summer school!
- Ethereal Beauty at the Asylum Chapel, with Vintage Trousseau
- Introducing Carmela Weddings – so much more than your average wedding planners!
- Divine glamour: The 2017 Bellissimo Collection by Stephanie Allin
- Breathtakingly beautiful new bridalwear by Cornwall based dressmaker Ailsa Munro
- Jane & Jon’s gorgeous May wedding at Cadhay Estate, with Jennifer Jane Photography
- Dutch Masters still life wedding styling inspiration shoot
- Will and Nikki’s beautiful, rustic and laid back country wedding, with Samantha Pells Photography
- Brand new, handcrafted and gilded floral headpieces by Yelena Smirnova
- Lady at the Lake – wedding style inspiration by Jessica Davies Photography
- Lovely news for Cornwall & South West England weddings… your new, unique, pop up wedding venue!
- Joe and Charlotte’s very English wedding at spectacular Harlaxton Manor, with Kev Elkins Photography
- Striking gold and black handwritten wedding calligraphy ideas for an intimate woodland celebration
- Alexandra & Chris’s peony-filled May wedding in Leeds, with Laura Calderwood Photography
Category Archives: the blog week
Ever wonder what wedding blogs wedding bloggers read? (Sorry if the answer’s no and I’ve twisted your brain with that bizarrely phrased question.) I read a lot of wedding blogs and love reading about unique weddings, discovering new ideas and enjoying great wedding photography.
Guessing that you like all the same things as I do* I try and share my favourite wedding blogs in a weekly or fortnightly round up… although it’s been a while! Here are my favourite real weddings, creative ideas and things to buy, advice articles and Pinterest boards for you from the last few weeks’ reading. Enjoy!
*except possibly riding motorbikes and climbing mountains… I mean the wedding side of things really!…
The best real wedding blogs
Hasn’t Friday taken a long time to come around this week?! I’m looking forward to the weekend – and I hope you have a lovely one. Whether you’re shopping or seeing family or friends, have a great weekend. To keep you entertained in the meantime, here are my best wedding blog posts from the last couple of weeks – with thanks to WedWeekly for a couple of ideas here too!
- A fabulous real wedding in Devon: lace, feathers and DIY details
- A beautiful real wedding in Ascot – purple theme, fab bridesmaids dresses!
- Pale yellows and a summery wedding theme with glorious sunshine
- More purple – this is another gorgeous UK wedding to inspire you
- A beautiful, intimate Wiltshire wedding. Gorgeous winter sunshine and some thoughts on registrars…
- Romance at Ramster Hall and some fabulous first dance images
Oops… while I was planning for my wedding fair last week I didn’t have time to write up my ‘best wedding blogs’ post for the week. And my bookmarks folder is ready to pop! I even have some lined up to share with you for next time already… but for now, here are my favourite wedding blogs for this week. Enjoy!
The best real wedding blogs
- Love this winter wonderland wedding on London Bride blog! Clemency and Tom – with tons of great details and a really atmospheric venue
- I used baby’s breath (gypsophila) to decorate my stand at the wedding fair… and I fell in love with it. Lauren & Grant’s wedding uses it so beautifully!
- Cupcakes, romance and a gorgeous strappy wedding dress: Leanne & Oliver’s Leeds wedding
- Steph and Jonny’s wedding is fab – the calligraphy a highlight for me 🙂 “She who wears the crown” on Brides Up North
- A beautiful English countryside wedding: Caroline and Alex’s big day in Kent
Happy Friday afternoon, everyone! It’s time once again to share the best of the week’s wedding blogs – from around the UK and a little way overseas. I’m quite proud of my selection this week – hope you love it!
Real wedding blogs and engagements
- There’s a touch of English style to this lovely garden wedding from Style Me Pretty
- Documentary wedding photography at its best: a beautiful Ridge Farm wedding
- Engagement shoot inspiration from Cambridge: a Sidney Sussex College photo shoot
- A beautiful English wedding: from Crockwell Farm, by Aaron Collett Photography
- A wedding blog from San Francisco: look out for the bride and groom on the windowsill!
- A chic wedding at London’s Mayfair – from Love Luxe Blog
- I love this engagement session from ARJ Photo – beautiful and inspiring
- Talk about different – the world is indeed your oyster… Junk boat wedding blog
Thank you. You lovely, lovely friends out there reading, commenting on and subscribing to English Wedding Blog are why we’ve made it to the top 10 of the top 100 UK wedding blogs list – again!
English Wedding Blog is the 8th best UK wedding blog!
It goes without saying that if nobody read this, I wouldn’t have made the list! So thank you – I’m truly grateful to everyone for reading and sharing my little bit of the interweb.
It’s fantastic to see new wedding blogs making the list, the top 3 of course are firmly entrenched in their positions on high (and it’s well deserved!) – and the lovely Lou from Whimsical Wonderland Weddings is biting at their heels in 4th place. The boys from Staggered are still in the top ten, now at 5 (hurray for boys!?) and then there are new bloggers appearing too…
Whether you’ve had a glorious week full of sunshine and are itching to go out and play, or have spent the last few days at the drizzly Cumbrian seaside like me, I think it’s time to sit back and enjoy a bit of wedding goodness. Forget work – it’s time to catch up with the very best from wedding blogs over the last week-and-a-bit!
- A beautiful Stanway House Cheltenham wedding on Martin Beddall’s photography blog
- Inspiring teepee wedding – with Papakata of course, and photographed by Phil Drinkwater
- Nobody shoots a Peckforton Castle wedding like the wonderful Chris Hanley Photography. This is divine!
- Bittenham Springs is a gorgeous place to get married – I love this Cotswolds wedding, by Anneli Marinovich
- A luxurious, elegant and graceful wedding from Mitton Hall, by one of the stars of the Love Bridal boutique launch this week, the lovely Adam of ARJ Photography.