- Jules Bridal Jewellery on A beautiful vintage wedding at Cooling Castle Barn, with Lumiere Photography
- Bellenza on Holly and Chris’s country garden outdoor wedding in Buckinghamshire, with Heni Fourie Photography
- canvas prints on From an anonymous Valentine’s Day card in the post at work to this wonderful barn wedding – Samantha J Photography
- Jules Bridal Jewellery on A beautiful rustic wedding at Saltmarshe Hall with Maryanne Scott Photography
- Laura @ Laughter is Catching on Kayleigh and John’s pretty village hall wedding in Buckinghamshire, with Heni Fourie Photography
My calligraphyHello! I'm Claire and I write the English wedding blog - an independent blog for brides and grooms.
The English Wedding Blog is all about creativity: my dream is to curate an online space for couples to get inspired by real weddings, shoots and the latest in wedding design - with a real focus on English and UK weddings and suppliers.
I'm also known for writing calligraphy - for my work with Kirstie Allsopp and because I've worked with hundreds of brides and grooms. Beautiful writing is my passion and I'm happiest with a pen in my hand and ink on my face!
I live on the edge of the English Lake District, a couple of minutes from the seaside. I've lived in France and Italy, I ride a Vespa, I'm a cat person and I love rock music, walking in the mountains, and my beach.
Get to know me a little more on facebook | see what inspires me on Pinterest | or follow me on twitter
Contact Claire…firstname.lastname@example.org 01946 727 837
English Wedding Blog
Apartment 1 Lingmell Courtyard
- Our chic vintage village fete wedding in Kent, with Foden Photography
- Get the look! Luxurious neoclassical wedding style with Petra Opperman Weddings
- A beautiful Neoclassical wedding styled shoot at the Hurlingham Club, London
- A beautiful vintage wedding at Cooling Castle Barn, with Lumiere Photography
- New wedding blog publication times! As of today…
- Lovely Suzy Mitchell wins the Guild of Photographers’ wedding image of the year award
- Spotlight on Stationery: Discover the amazingness of Dearly Beloved Designs
- Beautiful Melanie Potro wedding dress shoot with striking monochrome styling
- A glamorous magazine-style bridal shoot with Team Glam
- Crazybeautiful Day & Night luxe wedding styling with Katie Laura Flowers
- Holly and Chris’s country garden outdoor wedding in Buckinghamshire, with Heni Fourie Photography
- PapaKåta Spring Open Weekend
- Team Glam: working together to inspire brides with timeless hair and make up styling
- My diaries: the truth about big wedding shows and how to survive one!
- Caroline and Moussa’s gloriously colourful English Iranian wedding in London, with Sophie Duckworth Photography
- A quintessentially English wedding at Bibury Court, overflowing with flowers!
- Nicole and Josh’s gorgeous outdoor wedding film from Narborough Hall
- It’s playtime for wedding bouquets – and the more artfully messy, the better!
- James and Amy’s perfectly magical DIY wedding in Shropshire, with Marie Lloyd Photography
- New collection from Rosie Willett Designs – coming soon! + win the headpiece of your choice
- An urban Festival Of Love engagement shoot with Heni Fourie Photography
- Would you propose to your man? | Should women propose? An oddly interesting survey!
- Nautical wedding inspiration – a Historic Dockyard styled shoot with Caroline Nicholson Photography
- The English Wedding Blog is looking for a freelancer to help out… could it be you?
- A bright and colourful 1960s vintage art gallery and village hall wedding, with Rachel Joyce Photography
- A beautiful rustic wedding at Saltmarshe Hall with Maryanne Scott Photography
- A beautiful English wedding at Moggerhanger Park, Bedfordshire, with Heni Fourie Photography
- Carly and Harry’s gorgeous sunny sunflower and calligraphy wedding in Devon, with Nova Photography
- Spotlight on Stationery features + introducing Make Loops
- A fabulous vintage, glamorous Great Gatsby styled bridal shoot at Haworth Art Gallery
Category Archives: english weddings
I love Kate and Andy – for their choice of wedding venue (squeeeal!) and their gorgeous styling touches. This wedding – my second from Finchcocks Musical Museum – is breathtaking! With lots and lots of styling touches to inspire you, and beautiful images by Penny Young Photography, it’s already a favourite for 2015.
Styling touches are beautifully simple and very “English summer garden” with sweet peas picked from Kate’s parent’s garden and arranged by a very talented and multi-skilled hairdresser! Other touches are ever so pretty and I’m sure will inspire so many of you: the marquee was decorated with flowers in jam jars and metres and metres of bunting made by Kate’s mum.
The stars of today’s English Wedding Blog are, in this order:
- Kate and Andy. Stunning
- Finchcocks Musical Museum and that awesome be-buntinged piano!
- The cat. I asked for the photo especially… so adorable!
- Kate’s mum. Creative genius.
The best wedding photographer’s websites make me want to be there. Now. It takes seconds for me to flip into ‘I wish I was on the south coast’ when I see the glorious sunshine on wedding photographer Simon Biffen‘s blog – so I’d love to share something with you this morning and see if you can imagine you’re right there with me! This is Liz and Ted’s quintessentially English wedding, with images by Simon Biffen Photography. You’ll love it… so, so beautiful:
Dorset wedding photography | Liz and Ted
Liz’s dress and hair accessory are just gorgeous – and I adore Liz and Ted for being one of the most adorable couples I’ve seen getting married this year! Their knot theme (with little ropes) is unique and creative – and inspired by their venue, The True Lovers Knot reception venue in the idyllic village of Tarrant Keyneston.
Images are by wedding photographer Simon Biffen, who you’ll find here:
Olivia and Nigel’s English countryside marquee wedding is beautiful. They married at Balcombe church in July and had the loveliest reception with pink roses and loose, lush floral arrangements, polka dots and mint green table runners – a deliciously light and colourful theme for an early summer wedding.
There are some fabulous details and decorations to inspire you here. The chairs are gorgeous (no chair covers here!) and the marquee looks wonderful. Of course the most beautiful images are of stunning bride Olivia, who wears a bespoke designer wedding dress by Sarah Pinkster. She’s found her perfect match in Nigel and I wish them the happiest of futures together.
Images are by London wedding photographer Corrado Chiozzi – please visit his website at http://corradochiozzi.com
Oh! And don’t miss the most gorgeous little wedding guest… complete with ribbon, this adorable little pug very nearly steals the show!
The bride and groom:
Olivia and Nigel
Happy Monday everyone! Let’s begin the week with a vibrant bouquet from a lovely English wedding, shall we? Kent and Essex wedding photographer Alison Wood got in touch with me on Twitter when I shared my best real bouquets of 2014, and I loved Hayley’s bright colours and exciting textures.
Happily when I asked Alison if I could blog the wedding she said yes! If you’re looking for a wedding photographer near Kent or Essex do look her up:
So here we have a wonderfully bright beginning to the week – perfect for a Monday morning! Enjoy.
I asked Alison to tell me a little about their day:
“Hayley and Russell met at Aston university and after 10 years together they got married last September. Hayley is from Wales and Russell from Hastings.
How many of you are getting married this spring? The weeks seem to be flying by, and with the sunny days we’ve been having it almost feels like April is here already… so I thought it’d be a perfect day to share Fiona and Matthew’s wonderful April wedding blog with you. The gorgeous couple were married in Richmond, Surrey, and their Pembroke Lodge wedding is beautifully styled for springtime.
I adore Fiona’s lace dress (the back is just so beautiful, isn’t it… she’s such a stunning bride!) and the soft white and blue flowers are the perfect special touch for their day. Everything is captured beautifully by lovely Surrey wedding photographer Karen Flower – do visit her website (oh! and read the review Fiona and Matthew give her in their wedding report at the end of the blog – she comes very highly recommended indeed!) www.karenflowerphotography.com
Fiona and Matt’s Pembroke Lodge wedding blog, by Karen Flower Photography
Our wedding report: Fiona and Matthew
Morning! I’m typing delicately this morning with a little plaster on my finger – I have an actual blogging injury from too much typing hehe!! But it won’t stop me bringing you today’s beautiful Northamptonshire wedding courtesy of another very beautiful bride, the lovely Kirsty and her gorgeous groom Matt. Their wedding at Pipewell Hall is full of ideas, lovingly crafted and as Kirsty herself will tell you, a dream wedding brought to life!
Watch out for gorgeous flowers, a fab sweetie table, cute table names and lots of DIY touches to inspire your own big day. With thanks to Kirsty and Matt (congratulations to you both!) and a big hug to say thanks to wedding photographer Georgi Mabee who just knew this wedding would be perfect for the English Wedding Blog. Enjoy!
Kirsty and Matt – a deliciously pretty wedding at Pipewell Hall
Kirsty & Matt