- Jules Bridal Jewellery on Why documentary photos are the key to a unique wedding, by Benjamin Toms
- Paul Tarry on Katherine and Ben’s homemade woodland wedding in Cornwall, with Evolve Photography
- Steph - Ivy Ellen on Katherine and Ben’s homemade woodland wedding in Cornwall, with Evolve Photography
- Earcandy on England’s most incredible wedding venue: introducing Sharrow Bay
- WhereWedding.co.uk on Katherine and Ben’s homemade woodland wedding in Cornwall, with Evolve Photography
My calligraphyHello! I'm Claire and I write the English wedding blog - an independent blog for brides and grooms.
The English Wedding Blog is all about creativity: my dream is to curate an online space for couples to get inspired by real weddings, shoots and the latest in wedding design - with a real focus on English and UK weddings and suppliers.
I'm also known for writing calligraphy - for my work with Kirstie Allsopp and because I've worked with hundreds of brides and grooms. Beautiful writing is my passion and I'm happiest with a pen in my hand and ink on my face!
I live on the edge of the English Lake District, a couple of minutes from the seaside. I've lived in France and Italy, I ride a Vespa, I'm a cat person and I love rock music, walking in the mountains, and my beach.
Get to know me a little more on facebook | see what inspires me on Pinterest | or follow me on twitter
Contact Claire…email@example.com 01946 727 837
English Wedding Blog
Apartment 1 Lingmell Courtyard
- A whimsical, rustic, autumn woodland fairytale wedding with Rob & Sarah Gillespie Photography
- An elegant London wedding at the Institute of Contemporary Art, with Blake Ezra Photography
- Why documentary photos are the key to a unique wedding, by Benjamin Toms
- England’s most incredible wedding venue: introducing Sharrow Bay
- Katherine and Ben’s homemade woodland wedding in Cornwall, with Evolve Photography
- Shades of Elegance – bridal style inspiration at the Artist Residence Hotel, London
- A beautiful wedding at Sheffield Botanical Gardens and The Chimney House: Tierney Photography
- Jenny and Louie’s lovely DIY wedding at Ufton Court Barn, with Benjamin Stuart Photography
- A handcrafted, postwar sweetheart 1940s inspired wedding blog with Damian Burcher Photography
- Modern calligraphy class… a few spaces left on the 10th of June!
- Homemade with love: Shani and Tim’s Kent wedding, with White Stag Wedding Photography
- We all wore Converse! Sarah & Ally’s Warwickshire wedding, with Rob & Sarah Gillespie Photography
- About those group shots… invisible on blogs, unmissable for your memories!
- An English country garden wedding at Westonbirt House, with Robert Leons Photography
- An effortlessly elegant, brilliant family focused wedding in London with Colin Clay Photography
- A modern twist on a classic love story: Cinderella style for your wedding, with Something Blue
- A rustic Avoncroft Museum wedding, handcrafted with love and thought. Rob & Sarah Gillespie Photography
- How to style a stately home wedding, at Waddesdon Manor
- Jade and Lawrence’s pretty DIY wedding at Hedingham Castle, with Sam & Louise Photography
- Join me for a modern calligraphy class in Manchester in June!
- Are exclusive features on wedding blogs killing our creativity?
- Creative and unusual florals with rustic bakes – my new favourite alternative spring wedding look!
- Nicola & Adam’s romantic Fanham’s Hall Hotel wedding, with Richard Pickavance
- Hannah and Mark’s vintage wedding at Ardington House, with Lesley Pattinson Photography
- The two best moments of your wedding day?
- Luxury chocolate truffle wedding favours from The Pavilion at Lane End, Buckinghamshire
- An elegant Lowry theatre wedding film
- An English country garden wedding in Henley on Thames, with Hannah McClune Photography
- Emma and Davide’s timeless, graceful Yorkshire teepee wedding, with My Love Story Photography
- A rustic, romantic and autumnal wedding in Lancashire, with Arusha’s Images Photography
Category Archives: english weddings
I love Kate and Andy – for their choice of wedding venue (squeeeal!) and their gorgeous styling touches. This wedding – my second from Finchcocks Musical Museum – is breathtaking! With lots and lots of styling touches to inspire you, and beautiful images by Penny Young Photography, it’s already a favourite for 2015.
Styling touches are beautifully simple and very “English summer garden” with sweet peas picked from Kate’s parent’s garden and arranged by a very talented and multi-skilled hairdresser! Other touches are ever so pretty and I’m sure will inspire so many of you: the marquee was decorated with flowers in jam jars and metres and metres of bunting made by Kate’s mum.
The stars of today’s English Wedding Blog are, in this order:
- Kate and Andy. Stunning
- Finchcocks Musical Museum and that awesome be-buntinged piano!
- The cat. I asked for the photo especially… so adorable!
- Kate’s mum. Creative genius.
The best wedding photographer’s websites make me want to be there. Now. It takes seconds for me to flip into ‘I wish I was on the south coast’ when I see the glorious sunshine on wedding photographer Simon Biffen‘s blog – so I’d love to share something with you this morning and see if you can imagine you’re right there with me! This is Liz and Ted’s quintessentially English wedding, with images by Simon Biffen Photography. You’ll love it… so, so beautiful:
Dorset wedding photography | Liz and Ted
Liz’s dress and hair accessory are just gorgeous – and I adore Liz and Ted for being one of the most adorable couples I’ve seen getting married this year! Their knot theme (with little ropes) is unique and creative – and inspired by their venue, The True Lovers Knot reception venue in the idyllic village of Tarrant Keyneston.
Images are by wedding photographer Simon Biffen, who you’ll find here:
Olivia and Nigel’s English countryside marquee wedding is beautiful. They married at Balcombe church in July and had the loveliest reception with pink roses and loose, lush floral arrangements, polka dots and mint green table runners – a deliciously light and colourful theme for an early summer wedding.
There are some fabulous details and decorations to inspire you here. The chairs are gorgeous (no chair covers here!) and the marquee looks wonderful. Of course the most beautiful images are of stunning bride Olivia, who wears a bespoke designer wedding dress by Sarah Pinkster. She’s found her perfect match in Nigel and I wish them the happiest of futures together.
Images are by London wedding photographer Corrado Chiozzi – please visit his website at http://corradochiozzi.com
Oh! And don’t miss the most gorgeous little wedding guest… complete with ribbon, this adorable little pug very nearly steals the show!
The bride and groom:
Olivia and Nigel
Happy Monday everyone! Let’s begin the week with a vibrant bouquet from a lovely English wedding, shall we? Kent and Essex wedding photographer Alison Wood got in touch with me on Twitter when I shared my best real bouquets of 2014, and I loved Hayley’s bright colours and exciting textures.
Happily when I asked Alison if I could blog the wedding she said yes! If you’re looking for a wedding photographer near Kent or Essex do look her up:
So here we have a wonderfully bright beginning to the week – perfect for a Monday morning! Enjoy.
I asked Alison to tell me a little about their day:
“Hayley and Russell met at Aston university and after 10 years together they got married last September. Hayley is from Wales and Russell from Hastings.
How many of you are getting married this spring? The weeks seem to be flying by, and with the sunny days we’ve been having it almost feels like April is here already… so I thought it’d be a perfect day to share Fiona and Matthew’s wonderful April wedding blog with you. The gorgeous couple were married in Richmond, Surrey, and their Pembroke Lodge wedding is beautifully styled for springtime.
I adore Fiona’s lace dress (the back is just so beautiful, isn’t it… she’s such a stunning bride!) and the soft white and blue flowers are the perfect special touch for their day. Everything is captured beautifully by lovely Surrey wedding photographer Karen Flower – do visit her website (oh! and read the review Fiona and Matthew give her in their wedding report at the end of the blog – she comes very highly recommended indeed!) www.karenflowerphotography.com
Fiona and Matt’s Pembroke Lodge wedding blog, by Karen Flower Photography
Our wedding report: Fiona and Matthew
Morning! I’m typing delicately this morning with a little plaster on my finger – I have an actual blogging injury from too much typing hehe!! But it won’t stop me bringing you today’s beautiful Northamptonshire wedding courtesy of another very beautiful bride, the lovely Kirsty and her gorgeous groom Matt. Their wedding at Pipewell Hall is full of ideas, lovingly crafted and as Kirsty herself will tell you, a dream wedding brought to life!
Watch out for gorgeous flowers, a fab sweetie table, cute table names and lots of DIY touches to inspire your own big day. With thanks to Kirsty and Matt (congratulations to you both!) and a big hug to say thanks to wedding photographer Georgi Mabee who just knew this wedding would be perfect for the English Wedding Blog. Enjoy!
Kirsty and Matt – a deliciously pretty wedding at Pipewell Hall
Kirsty & Matt