- A beautiful English wedding blog from Frinton Lawn Tennis Club, with Kelsie Low Photography on
- A leading makeup artist’s top 10 tips for brides on
- A beautiful English wedding from Stubton Hall, with Samantha Ward Photography on
- Venue of the week: Oakley Court, Windsor on
- Scarlet calligraphy invites for winter weddings – save £25 with exclusive introductory pricing! on
- Hello! I'm Claire and I write the English wedding blog - an independent blog for brides and grooms.
The English Wedding Blog is all about creativity: my dream is to curate an online space for couples to get inspired by real weddings, shoots and the latest in wedding design - with a real focus on English and UK weddings and suppliers.
I'm also known for writing calligraphy - for my work with Kirstie Allsopp and because I've worked with hundreds of brides and grooms. Beautiful writing is my passion and I'm happiest with a pen in my hand and ink on my face!
I live on the edge of the English Lake District, a couple of minutes from the seaside. I've lived in France and Italy, I ride a Vespa, I'm a cat person and I love dirty guitar bands, walking in the mountains, and my beach.
Get to know me a little more on facebook | see what inspires me on Pinterest | or follow me on twitter
Contact Claire…firstname.lastname@example.org 07722 405 537
English Wedding Blog
7 Parklands Drive
- Help! Share your best wedding ideas here…
- Calligraphy invites and round menus with a modern twist
- Blissful wedding colour combo – rich autumn reds and palest sea blue. A styled beach shoot with Jennifer Sinclair Photography
- Art deco touches for an elegant Grittleton House wedding in Wiltshire, with Kevin Belson Photography
- How to join the English Wedding Blog as a recommended supplier
- A beautiful English wedding blog from Frinton Lawn Tennis Club, with Kelsie Low Photography
- Venue of the week – Hylands House, Chelmsford
- A leading makeup artist’s top 10 tips for brides
- Wedding photo of the week – enchanted nature
- Our “story of us” wedding: Rhian and Kris at Wootton Park, with Damian Burcher Photography
- An incredible backdrop for a beautiful autumn wedding at Notley Abbey, with Heni Fourie Photography
- Our weekend party with all of our family and friends! Helen and Declan at White Dove Barn, with Greg Coltman Photography
- New sponsor welcome! Robert Sail Photography, Nottingham
- The theme was wedding! Ashleigh & Richard at Falcon Manor, with DJ Archer Photography
- A beautiful English wedding from Stubton Hall, with Samantha Ward Photography
- Venue of the week: Oakley Court, Windsor
- A fresh new look for Bunny Delicious fans to fall in love with!
- Vicky & Neil’s super personal wedding at Lillibrooke Manor, with Heni Fourie Photography
- Wedding photo of the week – summer shine, we miss you!
- Styled engagement shoot and wedding ideas for a country-loving couple
- Share your expertise on the English Wedding Blog!
- Scarlet calligraphy invites for winter weddings – save £25 with exclusive introductory pricing!
- Blog advertising – an odd question (and answer!)
- Natalie and Scott’s rustic garden wedding at Meols Hall, with Kanashay Photography
- Dress of the week… by Sassi Holford
- It’s time to say thank you…
- Get the look! Elegant woodland wedding style
- Thom and Alicia’s daisies and country garden wedding in Gloucestershire, with Joanna Bongard Photography
- Dust, chalkboard calligraphy and sparkle – a styled Aspire shoot with Phil Barber
- I’m looking for real weddings, autumn & winter styled shoots and new things to feature!
Category Archives: english weddings
Liz and Jimmy’s eclectic English wedding with a dash of Pooh Bear, and Pixies in the Cellar photography
Say the words “Winnie the Pooh – not Disney” and I’m on your side already Liz and Jimmy’s wedding is creative and fun, with playful touches like everyone’s (original!) favourite bear – and I love it!
Today’s gorgeous couple married in Marple Bridge, with their reception at the fabulous Peruga restaurant. They incorporated the things they love: spring flowers and bright colours, and a nod to surfing… despite being 60 miles from the sea!
Liz’s advice that “DIY isn’t necessarily cheaper” is so very true, and while the crafty touches on their day are wonderful I’d urge brides and grooms to consider buying when time is short. Spend your weekends playing out and having fun instead! What I really do love is the ‘Expotition Beer’ which was especially made by a local craft brewery… to find out more read Liz and Jimmy’s English Wedding Blog interview at the end of today’s post!
Huge thanks to Liz and Jimmy, and to lovely Peter and Sara, wedding photographers at Pixies in the Cellar. Do check them out:
I love Kate and Andy – for their choice of wedding venue (squeeeal!) and their gorgeous styling touches. This wedding – my second from Finchcocks Musical Museum – is breathtaking! With lots and lots of styling touches to inspire you, and beautiful images by Penny Young Photography, it’s already a favourite for 2015.
Styling touches are beautifully simple and very “English summer garden” with sweet peas picked from Kate’s parent’s garden and arranged by a very talented and multi-skilled hairdresser! Other touches are ever so pretty and I’m sure will inspire so many of you: the marquee was decorated with flowers in jam jars and metres and metres of bunting made by Kate’s mum.
The stars of today’s English Wedding Blog are, in this order:
- Kate and Andy. Stunning
- Finchcocks Musical Museum and that awesome be-buntinged piano!
- The cat. I asked for the photo especially… so adorable!
- Kate’s mum. Creative genius.
The best wedding photographer’s websites make me want to be there. Now. It takes seconds for me to flip into ‘I wish I was on the south coast’ when I see the glorious sunshine on wedding photographer Simon Biffen‘s blog – so I’d love to share something with you this morning and see if you can imagine you’re right there with me! This is Liz and Ted’s quintessentially English wedding, with images by Simon Biffen Photography. You’ll love it… so, so beautiful:
Dorset wedding photography | Liz and Ted
Liz’s dress and hair accessory are just gorgeous – and I adore Liz and Ted for being one of the most adorable couples I’ve seen getting married this year! Their knot theme (with little ropes) is unique and creative – and inspired by their venue, The True Lovers Knot reception venue in the idyllic village of Tarrant Keyneston.
Images are by wedding photographer Simon Biffen, who you’ll find here:
Olivia and Nigel’s English countryside marquee wedding is beautiful. They married at Balcombe church in July and had the loveliest reception with pink roses and loose, lush floral arrangements, polka dots and mint green table runners – a deliciously light and colourful theme for an early summer wedding.
There are some fabulous details and decorations to inspire you here. The chairs are gorgeous (no chair covers here!) and the marquee looks wonderful. Of course the most beautiful images are of stunning bride Olivia, who wears a bespoke designer wedding dress by Sarah Pinkster. She’s found her perfect match in Nigel and I wish them the happiest of futures together.
Images are by London wedding photographer Corrado Chiozzi – please visit his website at http://corradochiozzi.com
Oh! And don’t miss the most gorgeous little wedding guest… complete with ribbon, this adorable little pug very nearly steals the show!
The bride and groom:
Olivia and Nigel
Happy Monday everyone! Let’s begin the week with a vibrant bouquet from a lovely English wedding, shall we? Kent and Essex wedding photographer Alison Wood got in touch with me on Twitter when I shared my best real bouquets of 2014, and I loved Hayley’s bright colours and exciting textures.
Happily when I asked Alison if I could blog the wedding she said yes! If you’re looking for a wedding photographer near Kent or Essex do look her up:
So here we have a wonderfully bright beginning to the week – perfect for a Monday morning! Enjoy.
I asked Alison to tell me a little about their day:
“Hayley and Russell met at Aston university and after 10 years together they got married last September. Hayley is from Wales and Russell from Hastings.
How many of you are getting married this spring? The weeks seem to be flying by, and with the sunny days we’ve been having it almost feels like April is here already… so I thought it’d be a perfect day to share Fiona and Matthew’s wonderful April wedding blog with you. The gorgeous couple were married in Richmond, Surrey, and their Pembroke Lodge wedding is beautifully styled for springtime.
I adore Fiona’s lace dress (the back is just so beautiful, isn’t it… she’s such a stunning bride!) and the soft white and blue flowers are the perfect special touch for their day. Everything is captured beautifully by lovely Surrey wedding photographer Karen Flower – do visit her website (oh! and read the review Fiona and Matthew give her in their wedding report at the end of the blog – she comes very highly recommended indeed!) www.karenflowerphotography.com
Fiona and Matt’s Pembroke Lodge wedding blog, by Karen Flower Photography
Our wedding report: Fiona and Matthew