- Ed and Saori’s English apple orchard wedding in Kent, with Parkershots Photography on
- Wedding photo of the week: a beautiful moment on
- 1950s vintage country wedding inspiration by Arusha’s Images Photography, Cumbria on
- Cherry and Myles intimate art deco wedding in Devon, with Lucy Wallace Photography on
- Cherry and Myles intimate art deco wedding in Devon, with Lucy Wallace Photography on
- Hello! I'm Claire and I write the English wedding blog - an independent blog for brides and grooms.
The English Wedding Blog is all about creativity: my dream is to curate an online space for couples to get inspired by real weddings, shoots and the latest in wedding design - with a real focus on English and UK weddings and suppliers.
I'm also known for writing calligraphy - for my work with Kirstie Allsopp and because I've worked with hundreds of brides and grooms. Beautiful writing is my passion and I'm happiest with a pen in my hand and ink on my face!
I live on the edge of the English Lake District, a couple of minutes from the seaside. I've lived in France and Italy, I ride a Vespa, I'm a cat person and I love dirty guitar bands, walking in the mountains, and my beach.
Get to know me a little more on facebook | see what inspires me on Pinterest | or follow me on twitter
Contact Claire…email@example.com 07722 405 537
English Wedding Blog
7 Parklands Drive
- Braids and belts; alternative bridal shoot for your inner warrior princess!
- Ed and Saori’s English apple orchard wedding in Kent, with Parkershots Photography
- Rather extraordinarily pretty wedding invitations by Alice Palace
- Wedding photo of the week: a beautiful moment
- Cherry and Myles intimate art deco wedding in Devon, with Lucy Wallace Photography
- 1950s vintage country wedding inspiration by Arusha’s Images Photography, Cumbria
- Creating a timeless wedding style… and does DIY date your wedding?
- An elegant traditional English wedding at Jesmond Dene House, Newcastle with Duncan McCall Photography
- Vibrant country wedding styling ideas from The Plough at Lupton, with Arusha’s Images Photography
- Nail your wedding timings! 5 unmissable tips for your wedding day by Tiree Dawson
- A colourful autumn wedding at Wasing Park, with Hannah McClune Photography
- New sponsor welcome! Lake District wedding photographer Arusha’s Images Photography
- Laura & Jon’s timeless Cheshire wedding at Styal Lodge, with Vickerstaff Photography
- Wedding venue of the week: Shottle Hall, Derbyshire
- Stacey & Roger’s wedding festival at Lains Barn, Oxfordshire with Carol Elizabeth Photography
- Wedding photo of the week: something very, very blue.
- Woodland, country, rustic and natural wedding style from The Cowshed at Freathy Farmhouse
- A gorgeous wedding film from Broadoaks House, Lake District – with Redfield Media
- Stephanie and Paul’s rustic Lake District wedding at The Wild Boar, with Hayley Baxter Photography
- Legend Bridal Designs and a very alternative styled shoot at Lowther Castle
- New sponsor welcome! Liam Smith Photography in London & Milton Keynes
- Jo & Sam’s beautiful country wedding at Elvey Farm in Kent, with Fiona Kelly Photography
- New sponsor welcome! London & destination wedding photographer Louise Adby Photography
- Luscious leaves and rustic elegance at England’s oldest wedding venue, Almonry Barn with Ferri Photography
- Robyn and Matt’s woodland theme wedding in Somerset, with Fiona Walsh Photography
- New sponsor welcome! Fiona Kelly Photography, London wedding photographer
- A wintry Surrey wedding with pine cones & candles, by Jennifer Sinclair Photography
- Wedding venue of the week: 06 St Chad’s Place, London
- A gorgeous bride and a pretty winter wedding with pine cones, at Chilston Park with Howling Basset Photography
- Wedding photo of the week: blissful summer days
Category Archives: english weddings
A fabulous fete: Hannah & George’s gorgeous English country wedding at Marleybrook House with Amy B Photography
“It’s not the formal photos that remind you how great your day was – it’s the natural fun and excitement that is so important to be documented. Amy’s ability not to miss a moment is incredible, and her energy and passion comes across in the photos. Amy is a photographic ninja and we cannot recommend her enough.” ~ by gorgeous bride Hannah
As a wedding blogger, it’s this passion for beautiful images and enthusiasm and excitement for suppliers which make me sit up and listen. Hannah emailed me to tell me about her wedding to George, and from the moment I saw the first photos of their day I was hooked. Not only are they a stunning couple: they have the most wonderful recommendations and advice to share with you. Today’s Kent wedding is one of the loveliest I’ve seen and I cannot wait to show you all of the beautiful photographs!
Liz and Jimmy’s eclectic English wedding with a dash of Pooh Bear, and Pixies in the Cellar photography
Say the words “Winnie the Pooh – not Disney” and I’m on your side already Liz and Jimmy’s wedding is creative and fun, with playful touches like everyone’s (original!) favourite bear – and I love it!
Today’s gorgeous couple married in Marple Bridge, with their reception at the fabulous Peruga restaurant. They incorporated the things they love: spring flowers and bright colours, and a nod to surfing… despite being 60 miles from the sea!
Liz’s advice that “DIY isn’t necessarily cheaper” is so very true, and while the crafty touches on their day are wonderful I’d urge brides and grooms to consider buying when time is short. Spend your weekends playing out and having fun instead! What I really do love is the ‘Expotition Beer’ which was especially made by a local craft brewery… to find out more read Liz and Jimmy’s English Wedding Blog interview at the end of today’s post!
Huge thanks to Liz and Jimmy, and to lovely Peter and Sara, wedding photographers at Pixies in the Cellar. Do check them out:
I love Kate and Andy – for their choice of wedding venue (squeeeal!) and their gorgeous styling touches. This wedding – my second from Finchcocks Musical Museum – is breathtaking! With lots and lots of styling touches to inspire you, and beautiful images by Penny Young Photography, it’s already a favourite for 2015.
Styling touches are beautifully simple and very “English summer garden” with sweet peas picked from Kate’s parent’s garden and arranged by a very talented and multi-skilled hairdresser! Other touches are ever so pretty and I’m sure will inspire so many of you: the marquee was decorated with flowers in jam jars and metres and metres of bunting made by Kate’s mum.
The stars of today’s English Wedding Blog are, in this order:
- Kate and Andy. Stunning
- Finchcocks Musical Museum and that awesome be-buntinged piano!
- The cat. I asked for the photo especially… so adorable!
- Kate’s mum. Creative genius.
The best wedding photographer’s websites make me want to be there. Now. It takes seconds for me to flip into ‘I wish I was on the south coast’ when I see the glorious sunshine on wedding photographer Simon Biffen‘s blog – so I’d love to share something with you this morning and see if you can imagine you’re right there with me! This is Liz and Ted’s quintessentially English wedding, with images by Simon Biffen Photography. You’ll love it… so, so beautiful:
Dorset wedding photography | Liz and Ted
Liz’s dress and hair accessory are just gorgeous – and I adore Liz and Ted for being one of the most adorable couples I’ve seen getting married this year! Their knot theme (with little ropes) is unique and creative – and inspired by their venue, The True Lovers Knot reception venue in the idyllic village of Tarrant Keyneston.
Images are by wedding photographer Simon Biffen, who you’ll find here:
Olivia and Nigel’s English countryside marquee wedding is beautiful. They married at Balcombe church in July and had the loveliest reception with pink roses and loose, lush floral arrangements, polka dots and mint green table runners – a deliciously light and colourful theme for an early summer wedding.
There are some fabulous details and decorations to inspire you here. The chairs are gorgeous (no chair covers here!) and the marquee looks wonderful. Of course the most beautiful images are of stunning bride Olivia, who wears a bespoke designer wedding dress by Sarah Pinkster. She’s found her perfect match in Nigel and I wish them the happiest of futures together.
Images are by London wedding photographer Corrado Chiozzi – please visit his website at http://corradochiozzi.com
Oh! And don’t miss the most gorgeous little wedding guest… complete with ribbon, this adorable little pug very nearly steals the show!
The bride and groom:
Olivia and Nigel
Happy Monday everyone! Let’s begin the week with a vibrant bouquet from a lovely English wedding, shall we? Kent and Essex wedding photographer Alison Wood got in touch with me on Twitter when I shared my best real bouquets of 2014, and I loved Hayley’s bright colours and exciting textures.
Happily when I asked Alison if I could blog the wedding she said yes! If you’re looking for a wedding photographer near Kent or Essex do look her up:
So here we have a wonderfully bright beginning to the week – perfect for a Monday morning! Enjoy.
I asked Alison to tell me a little about their day:
“Hayley and Russell met at Aston university and after 10 years together they got married last September. Hayley is from Wales and Russell from Hastings.