- Are exclusive features on wedding blogs killing our creativity? on
- How bad is it to copy a design you find on Pinterest? on
- Liza and Matt’s glamorous barn wedding in Worcestershire with TH Photography on
- New sponsor welcome! Bespoke and art deco invitations by Artemis wedding stationery on
- The prettiest 1950s wedding ideas shoot at Nothe Fort, with Exquisitely You and Darima Frampton Photography on
- Hello! I'm Claire and I write the English wedding blog - an independent blog for brides and grooms.
The English Wedding Blog is all about creativity: my dream is to curate an online space for couples to get inspired by real weddings, shoots and the latest in wedding design - with a real focus on English and UK weddings and suppliers.
I'm also known for writing calligraphy - for my work with Kirstie Allsopp and because I've worked with hundreds of brides and grooms. Beautiful writing is my passion and I'm happiest with a pen in my hand and ink on my face!
I live on the edge of the English Lake District, a couple of minutes from the seaside. I've lived in France and Italy, I ride a Vespa, I'm a cat person and I love dirty guitar bands, walking in the mountains, and my beach.
Get to know me a little more on facebook | see what inspires me on Pinterest | or follow me on twitter
Contact Claire…email@example.com 07722 405 537
English Wedding Blog
7 Parklands Drive
- Wedding Table Plans and Table Plan Emergencies
- A fabulously colourful Indian fusion wedding in Buckinghamshire, with Heni Fourie Photography
- The prettiest vintage-inspired floral wedding ideas from Jennifer Sinclair Photography
- Liza and Matt’s glamorous barn wedding in Worcestershire with TH Photography
- The prettiest 1950s wedding ideas shoot at Nothe Fort, with Exquisitely You and Darima Frampton Photography
- Styling your wedding – boho bride inspiration from Aspire Photography Training
- New sponsor welcome! Bespoke and art deco invitations by Artemis wedding stationery
- Oliver and Claire’s tea party wedding in Shropshire, with Andy Li Photography
- Georgia and Ross’s beautiful DIY wedding in rural Warwickshire, with Coates & Stain Photography
- Something very special: The wedding styled shoot which turned into a real life proposal! With love from Italy
- Yasmin and Simon’s elegant wedding at Old Down Manor, with Love In Focus photography
- How bad is it to copy a design you find on Pinterest?
- A beautiful Surrey barn wedding at Taylors Farm Retreat with Charlotte Razzell Photography
- Sneak peek – a glorious Indian fusion wedding in Buckinghamshire with Heni Fourie Photography
- Wedding cake inspiration at its best – with Rosalind Miller Cakes
- Sam and Siobhan’s gloriously colourful fiesta wedding, with Raymond Lin Photography
- Twice Enchanted – wedding dresses for modern fairytale brides by BHLDN
- Dean and Leah’s elegant wedding with a glam, glittery twist! By Ryan and Sara Photography
- Learn to make a flower crown, calligraphy tags, fascinators and paper poms – The Handmade Fair
- A pretty 1920s inspired wedding in Chester, with Ragdoll Photography
- A gorgeous country sunflower wedding blog with Jules Fortune Photography
- A super sophisticated contemporary wedding at Ashridge House, with Steven Anthony Photography
- A beautifully windy Yorkshire garden party wedding! With Paul Maven Photography
- Lyndsey and Dean’s magical treehouse wedding, with Duncan McCall Photography
- New sponsor welcome! Bristol wedding photographer Love In Focus
- Why choose an intimate wedding? (Or indeed, why the hell not?!) With Linda Grace
- Classic Regal Beauty – a very British bridal shoot with Arusha’s Images Photography
- A bohemian bride by the lake – styling ideas at Holbeck Ghyll with Arusha’s Images Photography
- A beautifully rustic Upton Barn wedding with Evolve Photography
- Claire and Paul’s elegant and stylish Surrey wedding with Sophie Duckworth Photography
Category Archives: english weddings
Liz and Jimmy’s eclectic English wedding with a dash of Pooh Bear, and Pixies in the Cellar photography
Say the words “Winnie the Pooh – not Disney” and I’m on your side already Liz and Jimmy’s wedding is creative and fun, with playful touches like everyone’s (original!) favourite bear – and I love it!
Today’s gorgeous couple married in Marple Bridge, with their reception at the fabulous Peruga restaurant. They incorporated the things they love: spring flowers and bright colours, and a nod to surfing… despite being 60 miles from the sea!
Liz’s advice that “DIY isn’t necessarily cheaper” is so very true, and while the crafty touches on their day are wonderful I’d urge brides and grooms to consider buying when time is short. Spend your weekends playing out and having fun instead! What I really do love is the ‘Expotition Beer’ which was especially made by a local craft brewery… to find out more read Liz and Jimmy’s English Wedding Blog interview at the end of today’s post!
Huge thanks to Liz and Jimmy, and to lovely Peter and Sara, wedding photographers at Pixies in the Cellar. Do check them out:
I love Kate and Andy – for their choice of wedding venue (squeeeal!) and their gorgeous styling touches. This wedding – my second from Finchcocks Musical Museum – is breathtaking! With lots and lots of styling touches to inspire you, and beautiful images by Penny Young Photography, it’s already a favourite for 2015.
Styling touches are beautifully simple and very “English summer garden” with sweet peas picked from Kate’s parent’s garden and arranged by a very talented and multi-skilled hairdresser! Other touches are ever so pretty and I’m sure will inspire so many of you: the marquee was decorated with flowers in jam jars and metres and metres of bunting made by Kate’s mum.
The stars of today’s English Wedding Blog are, in this order:
- Kate and Andy. Stunning
- Finchcocks Musical Museum and that awesome be-buntinged piano!
- The cat. I asked for the photo especially… so adorable!
- Kate’s mum. Creative genius.
The best wedding photographer’s websites make me want to be there. Now. It takes seconds for me to flip into ‘I wish I was on the south coast’ when I see the glorious sunshine on wedding photographer Simon Biffen‘s blog – so I’d love to share something with you this morning and see if you can imagine you’re right there with me! This is Liz and Ted’s quintessentially English wedding, with images by Simon Biffen Photography. You’ll love it… so, so beautiful:
Dorset wedding photography | Liz and Ted
Liz’s dress and hair accessory are just gorgeous – and I adore Liz and Ted for being one of the most adorable couples I’ve seen getting married this year! Their knot theme (with little ropes) is unique and creative – and inspired by their venue, The True Lovers Knot reception venue in the idyllic village of Tarrant Keyneston.
Images are by wedding photographer Simon Biffen, who you’ll find here:
Olivia and Nigel’s English countryside marquee wedding is beautiful. They married at Balcombe church in July and had the loveliest reception with pink roses and loose, lush floral arrangements, polka dots and mint green table runners – a deliciously light and colourful theme for an early summer wedding.
There are some fabulous details and decorations to inspire you here. The chairs are gorgeous (no chair covers here!) and the marquee looks wonderful. Of course the most beautiful images are of stunning bride Olivia, who wears a bespoke designer wedding dress by Sarah Pinkster. She’s found her perfect match in Nigel and I wish them the happiest of futures together.
Images are by London wedding photographer Corrado Chiozzi – please visit his website at http://corradochiozzi.com
Oh! And don’t miss the most gorgeous little wedding guest… complete with ribbon, this adorable little pug very nearly steals the show!
The bride and groom:
Olivia and Nigel
Happy Monday everyone! Let’s begin the week with a vibrant bouquet from a lovely English wedding, shall we? Kent and Essex wedding photographer Alison Wood got in touch with me on Twitter when I shared my best real bouquets of 2014, and I loved Hayley’s bright colours and exciting textures.
Happily when I asked Alison if I could blog the wedding she said yes! If you’re looking for a wedding photographer near Kent or Essex do look her up:
So here we have a wonderfully bright beginning to the week – perfect for a Monday morning! Enjoy.
I asked Alison to tell me a little about their day:
“Hayley and Russell met at Aston university and after 10 years together they got married last September. Hayley is from Wales and Russell from Hastings.
How many of you are getting married this spring? The weeks seem to be flying by, and with the sunny days we’ve been having it almost feels like April is here already… so I thought it’d be a perfect day to share Fiona and Matthew’s wonderful April wedding blog with you. The gorgeous couple were married in Richmond, Surrey, and their Pembroke Lodge wedding is beautifully styled for springtime.
I adore Fiona’s lace dress (the back is just so beautiful, isn’t it… she’s such a stunning bride!) and the soft white and blue flowers are the perfect special touch for their day. Everything is captured beautifully by lovely Surrey wedding photographer Karen Flower – do visit her website (oh! and read the review Fiona and Matthew give her in their wedding report at the end of the blog – she comes very highly recommended indeed!) www.karenflowerphotography.com
Fiona and Matt’s Pembroke Lodge wedding blog, by Karen Flower Photography
Our wedding report: Fiona and Matthew