- Gemma and Alistair’s gorgeous outdoor wedding at Millbridge Court, with Benjamin Toms Photography on
- 11 charmingly quirky wedding invitation ideas for boho brides and grooms on
- The magic of a spring wedding, with Carol Elizabeth Photography on
- Becky and Tim’s elegant wedding at the RAC Woodcote Park, with Murray Clarke Photography on
- Becky and Tim’s elegant wedding at the RAC Woodcote Park, with Murray Clarke Photography on
Hello! I'm Claire and I write the English wedding blog - an independent blog for brides and grooms.
The English Wedding Blog is all about creativity: my dream is to curate an online space for couples to get inspired by real weddings, shoots and the latest in wedding design - with a real focus on English and UK weddings and suppliers.
I'm also known for writing calligraphy - for my work with Kirstie Allsopp and because I've worked with hundreds of brides and grooms. Beautiful writing is my passion and I'm happiest with a pen in my hand and ink on my face!
I live on the edge of the English Lake District, a couple of minutes from the seaside. I've lived in France and Italy, I ride a Vespa, I'm a cat person and I love dirty guitar bands, walking in the mountains, and my beach.
Get to know me a little more on facebook | see what inspires me on Pinterest | or follow me on twitter
Contact Claire…firstname.lastname@example.org 07722 405 537
English Wedding Blog
7 Parklands Drive
- Angela and Aaron’s white and gold winter wedding with Camilla J. Hards
- Conceptual Elegance: nature’s beauty & urban backdrops for a sublime modern wedding style
- Nicola and Gary’s vintage-inspired wedding at Streamcombe Farm, with Jade Nott Photography
- Betty and Phil’s wedding with Linus Moran Photography
- The magic of a marquee wedding venue, with Hatch Marquee Hire (Devon & Cornwall)
- Lizzie & Nilo’s hidden gem museum wedding in London, with Kristian Leven Photography
- New sponsor welcome! Alive Network Entertainment Agency
- Sarah and Paul’s vintage village hall wedding in the Cotswolds, with Carol Elizabeth Photography
- Emily and Max’s beautiful English wedding at Huntsham Court, with Eleanor Stobbart Photography
- Practical wedding tips from the other side of the lens, by Liam Smith Photography
- Chloe and James’s gorgeous autumn wedding full of books, with Howell Jones Photography
- Award-winning make up advice and bridal contouring demo by Cathryn Kerwin-Rawlinson with Paul Kyte Photography
- Luxurious, opulent wedding style in a romantic, rustic setting: a styled shoot
- Sophisticated bohemian wedding stationery collections from Lilac & White
- Jen and Tim’s homemade, countryside wedding in Chipping Walden, with Jodie Cooling Photography
- Bluebell woodland wedding inspiration shoot with Harriet Jones
- Alex and Andrew’s nature-inspired Wynyard Hall wedding with a touch of Aussie – with David West Photography
- Hannah & Seb’s perfectly traditional English wedding at the Palace of Westminster, with Neil Walker Photography
- Discovering beautiful handmade bridesmaid dresses by AbideMaids in Devon
- Unique, boho and illustrated wedding stationery collections by Aimee Willow Designs
- Jen and Chris’s beautiful yellow accented wedding at Bury Court Barn, with Murray Clarke Photography
- New sponsor welcome: Lumière Photography, Leicester
- Vanessa & Will’s rustic country farm wedding in Warwickshire, with Rob & Sarah Gillespie Photographers
- Emma and Fraser’s charming Putney Farm wedding, with Fiona Kelly Photography
- Make your own beautiful bridal bouquet in blue, coral and white, with Pumpkin & Pye
- Josie and Gareth’s wonderfully rustic countryside wedding, with Freckle Photography
- Charlotte and Jay’s rustic DIY wedding by a lake, with White Stag Photography
- Gemma and Alistair’s gorgeous outdoor wedding at Millbridge Court, with Benjamin Toms Photography
- Sam and Ana’s beautiful Hazlewood Castle wildflower wedding, by Ian Wallace Photography
- New sponsor welcome! York Place Studios (photographers for Yorkshire, UK & the world)
Category Archives: english weddings
I LOVE today’s pretty outdoor wedding – gorgeous bride and groom Betty and Phil opted for an English country garden style celebration, mixing the prettiest flowers with cute bunting and home made signage – it’s wonderful in every way!
Contact & bookings: Linus Moran Photography, Dorset
Words & Images: Linus Moran Photography
Betty & Phil’s day stood out from others I covered last year as it seemed to be very simple in its delivery. The bride, the details, the location – all very classic, chic and English garden themed. From the Sassi Holford dress, to the idyllic thatched cottage B&B venue at the foothill of St Catherines chapel. The weather was perfect, the scene was stunning and the spirit of the couple and the people topped it all off.
I love Jen’s dress more every time I look at her… today’s bride and groom are such a fabulous couple, and their day seems to suit them so wonderfully well. I love the venue; the light-up-letters are a fabulous feature; the bouquet is dreamy… I’m so happy to have such an amazing wedding to show you this morning 🙂
Images are by lovely Jodie Cooling Photography. Jodie is new to the English Wedding Blog and I’m so glad she’s submitted this stunning wedding for us to share! Discover more from Jodie here:
“We really can’t thank Jodie enough! The photos are everything we hoped for and much, much more! She has managed to capture every little detail of the day in the most beautiful way. We can’t stop looking at them! The fun group shots in the field and the expressions she has captured during the speeches are just perfect.” ~ Jen & Tim
A fabulous fete: Hannah & George’s gorgeous English country wedding at Marleybrook House with Amy B Photography
“It’s not the formal photos that remind you how great your day was – it’s the natural fun and excitement that is so important to be documented. Amy’s ability not to miss a moment is incredible, and her energy and passion comes across in the photos. Amy is a photographic ninja and we cannot recommend her enough.” ~ by gorgeous bride Hannah
As a wedding blogger, it’s this passion for beautiful images and enthusiasm and excitement for suppliers which make me sit up and listen. Hannah emailed me to tell me about her wedding to George, and from the moment I saw the first photos of their day I was hooked. Not only are they a stunning couple: they have the most wonderful recommendations and advice to share with you. Today’s Kent wedding is one of the loveliest I’ve seen and I cannot wait to show you all of the beautiful photographs!
Liz and Jimmy’s eclectic English wedding with a dash of Pooh Bear, and Pixies in the Cellar photography
Say the words “Winnie the Pooh – not Disney” and I’m on your side already 🙂 Liz and Jimmy’s wedding is creative and fun, with playful touches like everyone’s (original!) favourite bear – and I love it!
Today’s gorgeous couple married in Marple Bridge, with their reception at the fabulous Peruga restaurant. They incorporated the things they love: spring flowers and bright colours, and a nod to surfing… despite being 60 miles from the sea!
Liz’s advice that “DIY isn’t necessarily cheaper” is so very true, and while the crafty touches on their day are wonderful I’d urge brides and grooms to consider buying when time is short. Spend your weekends playing out and having fun instead! What I really do love is the ‘Expotition Beer’ which was especially made by a local craft brewery… to find out more read Liz and Jimmy’s English Wedding Blog interview at the end of today’s post!
Huge thanks to Liz and Jimmy, and to lovely Peter and Sara, wedding photographers at Pixies in the Cellar. Do check them out:
I love Kate and Andy – for their choice of wedding venue (squeeeal!) and their gorgeous styling touches. This wedding – my second from Finchcocks Musical Museum – is breathtaking! With lots and lots of styling touches to inspire you, and beautiful images by Penny Young Photography, it’s already a favourite for 2015.
Styling touches are beautifully simple and very “English summer garden” with sweet peas picked from Kate’s parent’s garden and arranged by a very talented and multi-skilled hairdresser! Other touches are ever so pretty and I’m sure will inspire so many of you: the marquee was decorated with flowers in jam jars and metres and metres of bunting made by Kate’s mum.
The stars of today’s English Wedding Blog are, in this order:
- Kate and Andy. Stunning
- Finchcocks Musical Museum and that awesome be-buntinged piano!
- The cat. I asked for the photo especially… so adorable!
- Kate’s mum. Creative genius.
The best wedding photographer’s websites make me want to be there. Now. It takes seconds for me to flip into ‘I wish I was on the south coast’ when I see the glorious sunshine on wedding photographer Simon Biffen‘s blog – so I’d love to share something with you this morning and see if you can imagine you’re right there with me! This is Liz and Ted’s quintessentially English wedding, with images by Simon Biffen Photography. You’ll love it… so, so beautiful:
Dorset wedding photography | Liz and Ted
Liz’s dress and hair accessory are just gorgeous – and I adore Liz and Ted for being one of the most adorable couples I’ve seen getting married this year! Their knot theme (with little ropes) is unique and creative – and inspired by their venue, The True Lovers Knot reception venue in the idyllic village of Tarrant Keyneston.
Images are by wedding photographer Simon Biffen, who you’ll find here: