Jody and Richard’s wedding was held at The Stables at Cross Butts in Whitby, a family-run wedding venue with the option of having a civil ceremony outdoors. They created a lovely theme with rustic details, and their wedding day was full of gorgeous ideas with a relaxed, natural atmosphere.
Yesterday I featured the bridal preparations and outdoor wedding ceremony on English Wedding Blog, and today I’d like to share all the details of the day with you. Jody and Richard worked so hard to create a beautiful day, and I know any couples out there planning a similar day will be inspired by their wedding decor.
I’ll let Jody tell you more! All the photography is by award-winning Derbyshire wedding photographers HBA Photography, and please do check out the recommended wedding supplier list at the end of this blog post.
Richard and Jody’s rustic wedding at Cross Butts in Whitby: part two!
How would you describe your wedding style?
Wedding venue styling and rustic details
The venue had a rustic, wooden and natural feel to it, so we stuck to that theme throughout our wedding with hessian table runners, wooden log centre pieces and wooden candle holders.
The food was presented on old fashioned market carts. In the bar area of the marquee we made smaller logs and decorated them with writing and small candles and scattered paper hearts. Also along the bar we had little pails of chocolates and heart shaped rock.
The bar area was separated from the main area with cleverly designed steps which are surrounded by trees and bark, there was also a ramp which was the perfect location for our guest book, flip flop box and wishing line, which we created by finding pictures of all our guests and hanging them up with hand crafted clothes pegs, there was space on the back of the pictures for each guest to write a personalised wish for us.
During our meal Ben showed us there was even more to his many talents by entertaining us with his excellent saxophone playing. Our evening reception we had the pleasure of a well known Derby band “The Midnight Pumpkin Trucks” travel to Whitby to play some fantastic well known songs.
Jody and Richard’s wedding highlights
Picking out highlights from such a perfect day would be impossible but these are some of the things that did play a massive part.
1) The fantastic weather (the only two people who didn’t burn were the newlyweds) which obviously made the setting and the views as amazing as they could be. This made everyone’s day really chilled and relaxed and they could go and see the resident animals, walk around the grounds and enjoy the sun.
2) The fantastic food display put on by the chefs at The Stables ranging from Rich’s favourite steak and sweet chilli skewers to Jody’s favourite chocolate orange cheesecake. All made fresh from local suppliers.
3) After our meal, wedding photographers Hannah and Ben took us off to have some FUN pictures across the road to a field full of rape flowers which we had to write on a chalkboard what best described our other half. Rich wrote “Perfect” and Jody wrote “Prat!” which ended up making a great picture saying “Perfect Prat”
Memorable wedding day moments?
The only way we can answer this question would be by literally writing you a story about our day: it was perfect. The weather, the guests, the venue and its staff, the cake, the photographers, the band and seeing all our hard work pay off. We couldn’t have wished for it to run any more smoothly than it did.
Wedding day advice:
Our top tip is not to rush, take your time. We got married two years after our engagement which meant we could plan everything perfectly and had plenty of time to make and do things ourselves which added a great touch to the day.
We made a little book for our usher so that he knew the order of the day which took any pressure off us.
We had personalised gift bags with toys and colouring books in for all the children which kept them entertained for a short while.
We decided to provide a “flip flop” box which was labelled “You bought new shoes to match your dress and now your feet are sore!!! Please help yourself to a pair of flip flops so you can dance some more!” which proved a great hit as the dance floor was never empty.
Recommended wedding suppliers:
- Wedding venue – www.cross-butts.co.uk
- Florist – www.theflowerpotwhitby.co.uk (great florists really helpful great ideas)
- Cake – Gwen’s Sweet Treats, Derby https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gwens-Sweet-Treats/120995141317415
- Dress & accessories – The Wedding House, Alvaston, Derby http://www.theweddinghouse.org/
- Suits – www.JohnPaulMenswear.com
- Photographer – www.hbaphotography.com
- Entertainment– www.hbaphotography.com & www.midnightpumpkintrucks.co.uk/
- Gift bags & Ring Pillow – www.heart-and-rose.co.uk
- Wedding decor – eBay great for anything & www.notonthehighstreet.com
- Engagement Ring – Marshalls Jewellers, Tutbury. http://www.marshallsjewellers.co.uk/
- Wedding rings – The Black Market, Whitby.