It’s been a busy week in the wedding blog world with plenty of discussions and debates getting me thinking, the best of which I’ll share with you today. So this afternoon it’s not just about pretty ideas (although it’s a great place to begin!) — it’s important to stop work for ten minutes and read some of the best from this week’s wedding blogs. Dive in and enjoy!
- February in England is not wedding season. So here’s a Rainy California barn wedding I love instead!
- Crazy awesome fun wedding
- Engagement shoot — A Celtic couple in a Sussex Wood
- Two Triumphant Weddings In One.
- Jane Austen Meets Vintage Chic
- Pretty, natural looking and sophisticated labels for your wedding… all in one? Yes, all of that in one blog post — RMW Gets Fruity.
- It’s on the cards… Belles Bridal Boutique on Film
- This will make you cry. But it will remind you life’s too short and to enjoy every second with your other half. Dear Photograph
- Inspiration Board: Rustic Raspberry and Green Wedding a fab colour theme and some lovely ideas
- Malcesine Castle Invitations Once I drew Malcesine castle on a wedding table plan! My parents have holidayed there… and Bunny Delicious has it on wedding invitations — they’re brilliant
- A recommended book for brides-to-be — recommended by Helena Rose wedding planner: Planning Your Perfect Wedding
- Don’t tell Kelly, but I just looked at the pictures. They’re lovely pictures! Lighting Ideas for an Outdoor Wedding
- I love this! Think an engagement shoot’s boring? Make monsters, then make them chase you. Then befriend them and give them a cuddle. Anyone fancy it? Sabrina & David’s Monster Chase Engagement Shoot
- Love is for everyone: Meet the Oldest Newlyweds Ever
- My friend Beth is up for cake of the year!
Have an opinion!
- On Brides Up North weddding blog: the debate continues… Why Does Good Wedding Photography Cost So Much?
- Marriage is on the rise again! Good news for the industry
- I’ve read this twice, and I’m not convinced. Sorry, Pinterest. The Honeymoon’s Over — I expected this blog post to mention copyright and Pinterest — but it’s about what we want from the picture-based social network. And I don’t get it… Pinterest’s still going strong if you ask me.
- Anna’s thoughts on International Women’s Day are different. While everyone else celebrated, Anna voiced her annoyance at the need for the day… and I’m with her all the way.
- For any wedding suppliers looking to expand and grow their business — this might be useful: Creative Business Growth Planning
- My new blog crush. It’s worth reading On reviews and ethics and then sticking around to see what else Sara has to say in other posts.
- Why Good Advertising Works (Even When You Think It Doesn’t) Argh… does it really? This is a convincing argument but I’m not sure it’s proof.
- Copyright — we’ve seen it before: independent businesses in our industry are copied by the big guys. Why? Because we don’t have the means to fight them in court. This is all alleged, but if it’s true it stinks. Creative And Faithful: Claire’s Accessories ~ Shame On You